Active Topics

Poll: Are you going to test the DiabloTurbo beta?
Poll Options
Are you going to test the DiabloTurbo beta?

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Brazil
Yeah, i'm looking for a way to run this script on startup, or in a desktop icon, i don't know!

I wasn't sleeping for 3 days when i wrote this script, so take it easy.

I'm researching to find something interesting for DiabloTurbo... Thanks at all

I was born intelligent
education ruined me.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Can I change my vote to 'Never!' ?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

why??? are you crazy??

I was born intelligent
education ruined me.

I'm rooting for you TB! No preasure, just get it together and get that beta out. I will be happy to test the beta and give you some feed back.

The Following User Says Thank You to cstryon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by tuliobaars View Post
Yeah, i'm looking for a way to run this script on startup, or in a desktop icon, i don't know!

I wasn't sleeping for 3 days when i wrote this script, so take it easy.

I'm researching to find something interesting for DiabloTurbo... Thanks at all
LOL
I think you played a good prank, because otherwise, if what you say is for real, you don't have the slightest idea of what you are doing, at all.
I wouldn't take me more than 5 minutes to put together such a script, and do it right.
You can leave it at rest, the prank was exposed the moment you published such "script"
Btw, the first "version" consisting of nothing more than comments made me laughed hard when I saw it

Last edited by maacruz; 2010-07-23 at 07:47.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
That's wonderful -- maybe you will inspire someone who could do something to actually do it. I am grateful that you are trying, and wonder why the other geniuses watching are so inert.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
The NITs have been in the hands of many smart talanted people for a long while now. If there was some magical script to boost things by 50% it would have been done by now. The only way to get a significant boost is to code an app in Xlib instead of GTK. This is what telescope and the new app launcher are using and that is the hardest way to make GUI apps.
If want microB to run as fast as possible then go to tools>settings and untick "enable javascript". That will get rid of flash and google ads which are the number one slowdown and no script in the world will boost your javascript, your flash and the pulling of content from other websites.

tuliobaars@
It nice of you to want to give to the community but we are very spoiled here and used to good stable apps. If your app is not 99% done and carefully tested, then I suggest you ask for people to be testers and not just install somthing they don't know how to deal with if it goes wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to giladmttw For This Useful Post:
Sure, you're right. But i thank these people that wanna see something happen, not just laugh of my faults, etc. maacruz, get outta my face! If you don't have anything good to say, please stay quiet! You're not helping anyone!

I want to make something that people like, not people laugh.
@linuxeventually is helping me out with the problem, that DiabloTurbo dunnot save changes to sysctl.conf. So, if someone wanna help, like some guys are trying, email me: tuliobaars@gmail.com, or send me a PM.

Thanks at all

Thanks for help

I was born intelligent
education ruined me.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
A lot of the people who have had NITs for a good while, and knew about the tuning settings have already done so by hand in xterm. I know I did ages ago.

What would be good would be a small app or control panel applet which had a graphical interface along with guidance as to what is being changed, the expected effect, and any downsides

I think TB is sincere and I do not want to belittle his efforts, and don't appeciate others doing so. TB is trying and should be supported.

However DiabloTurbo has been announched prematurely, and it should have been clearer what the app/script does, as makes everthing 50% faster is most probably a bit of an exaggeration.

Stick with it TB and use this as a positive learning experience. I do hope that Diabloturbo can morph into a useful tuning panel in Controlpanel. .

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by tuliobaars View Post
Sure, you're right. But i thank these people that wanna see something happen, not just laugh of my faults, etc. maacruz, get outta my face! If you don't have anything good to say, please stay quiet! You're not helping anyone!

I want to make something that people like, not people laugh.
I'm not on your face, and I appreciate it if you are trying to achieve something for the community. But you need to go much further than that.

You have been doing big anouncements hickjacking threads all over the place, claiming exagerated improvements which can't be achieved without a complete change of the whole software stack starting with the kernel, and after a lot of time you publish that script, with just some of Brontide's sysctl tweaks... by the way, do you realize that you have copied most of it from my own post, and those settings are just the kernel defaults?

I'm sorry if you feel offended, but the quality of your work is very far from your claims, and that's only your own fault.

You have created a lot of false expectations on many people and that's not right. You have been claiming for attention from everybody with nothing to show and that's not right.
Indeed I took it for a joke, how couldn't I?
Now, if I point that, you don't have the right to shout me to shut up. Accept the criticism and try to do better. Work first, ask first, and show your work first.

Now, stop whinning and work hard and quiet.
Do as gazza_d says and learn from this. I really hope you achieve something nice.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post: