Posts: 38 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Guildford, UK
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
so you didn't understand what I just said. Color temperature doesn't affect raw image unless the reading app knows how to read the setting.....
My apologies. I understand now, I should probably read up on DNG and RAW filetypes more. Anyhow, this problem has now been fixed by the update last night/this morning.

Took this this morning, this is a conversion of the DNG to JPG in Photoshop CS4 with default settings, Adobe Camera Raw is now interpreting the DNG correctly now.

1.4MB image http://www.the-buccaneer.co.uk/image...1279914739.jpg Nice looking thistle in our garden, it's at least 6ft tall!!

EDIT: I forgot to say, I am absolutely amazed by the detail the N900 camera can capture, I don't understand why devices default camera software can't capture images at this quality when the hardware is obviously up to it. They don't have to save it as RAW images (although that is nice) but the JPGs that FCamera also saves are of a completely acceptable quality. Or is it that FCam and FCamera are pioneers in camera software?

Last edited by Crugath; 2010-07-23 at 20:07.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crugath For This Useful Post:
where is the raw image save at ? anyone know ? couldnt find it.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by ryanl33x1511 View Post
where is the raw image save at ? anyone know ? couldnt find it.
/home/user/MyDocs/FCamera

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
Originally Posted by Crugath View Post
Took this this morning, this is a conversion of the DNG to JPG in Photoshop CS4 with default settings, Adobe Camera Raw is now interpreting the DNG correctly now.

1.4MB image http://www.the-buccaneer.co.uk/image...1279914739.jpg Nice looking thistle in our garden, it's at least 6ft tall!!
You took this picture with N900?? How?

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
/home/user/MyDocs/FCamera
i notice that its .dng file how do i view it in N900 or in Compu ? thanks

Originally Posted by Crugath View Post
My apologies. I understand now, I should probably read up on DNG and RAW filetypes more. Anyhow, this problem has now been fixed by the update last night/this morning.

EDIT: I forgot to say, I am absolutely amazed by the detail the N900 camera can capture, I don't understand why devices default camera software can't capture images at this quality when the hardware is obviously up to it. They don't have to save it as RAW images (although that is nice) but the JPGs that FCamera also saves are of a completely acceptable quality. Or is it that FCam and FCamera are pioneers in camera software?
Nice picture Crugath. Taking a macro shot is my favorite way to make a cheap camera seem like an expensive one

Here's my favorite N900 picture. I took it with an early prototype of fcamera: http://picasaweb.google.com/andrew.b...53157625190418.

We're not doing anything magic in software. Our post-processing pipeline is fairly simple and standard (it has to be to run fast on the device). No idea why the built-in camera app doesn't look better. Next on the todo list is to calibrate for the vignetting, so you don't get that slight color shift at the corners.

Originally Posted by abadams View Post
Nice picture Crugath. Taking a macro shot is my favorite way to make a cheap camera seem like an expensive one

Here's my favorite N900 picture. I took it with an early prototype of fcamera: http://picasaweb.google.com/andrew.b...53157625190418.

We're not doing anything magic in software. Our post-processing pipeline is fairly simple and standard (it has to be to run fast on the device). No idea why the built-in camera app doesn't look better. Next on the todo list is to calibrate for the vignetting, so you don't get that slight color shift at the corners.
On not perfect light condition it still suffers, but on good light it is VERY good.

I've yet to see a good phone camera on poor lit conditions...

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
Originally Posted by jotoco View Post
On not perfect light condition it still suffers, but on good light it is VERY good.

I've yet to see a good phone camera on poor lit conditions...
The Nokia N82 is great in poor conditions with its powerful xenon flash. Without the xenon flash, not so much to see......

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Here's my first shot with FCam, developed using Adobe Camera RAW for CS5. Click for the full-resolution version..

I must say I'm amazed. I always felt the built-in camera app was too heavy-handed with sharpening and other types of post-processing, and knew there was loads more quality to be found in the camera on the N900.

This was really a quickie hand-held snap with all settings on auto as well, and the flower was being blown around by a breeze, too!

Kudos to the developers of this app and the drivers -- it's easily resulted in the best cellphone camera in existence

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bingley Joe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bingley Joe View Post
This was really a quickie hand-held snap with all settings on auto as well, and the flower was being blown around by a breeze, too!
Try normal (non-macro) shots. You will quickly discover that whatever magic is applied, you cannot improve on the shitty optics and sensor.

The Following User Says Thank You to fms For This Useful Post: