Active Topics

If you open fcamera and flick down on the screen, you will see options. Goto File Management tab and check "Autosave JPGs to N900 gallery." The photos you have taken will then be saved as jpg in the DCIM folder in your phone, no need to convert to jpeg yourself.

Originally Posted by btong View Post
If you open fcamera and flick down on the screen, you will see options. Goto File Management tab and check "Autosave JPGs to N900 gallery." The photos you have taken will then be saved as jpg in the DCIM folder in your phone, no need to convert to jpeg yourself.
I know it auto save to JPGs to N900 gallery too. But when i check it, it still not high quality. So that's I wonder how you guys get those quality pics. Could this be due to drivers?? I know i have the latest fcamera driver. And when i use HDR Capture w/ 3 shots combined...the quality is awesome. I am just wondering about the fcamera app...why am i not getting the quality that you guys show here.

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
really nice shot!
only used fcam to make this?
have to download it
I used fcamera to take the 3 inputs for the HDR, then I used Photoshop to combine them.

The Following User Says Thank You to ioan For This Useful Post:
hmm... that I have no idea. I just uploaded the pictures directly from the DCIM folder from the phone. I installed the fcamera driver first, then the fcamera app itself. Can you elaborate what you meant by "not high quality"? Do you mean the pictures have a lot of noise/too dark/low megapixel?

hmm... that I have no idea. I just uploaded the pictures directly from the DCIM folder from the phone. I installed the fcamera driver first, then the fcamera app itself. Can you elaborate what you meant by "not high quality"? Do you mean the pictures have a lot of noise/too dark/low megapixel?
"not high quality" - when i zoom in, i can tell it's pixelated and just not high quality...even in the RAW pics. When i convert the RAW to jpeg..omg it's even worst. The jpg that it produce in N900 gallery is also pixelated when zoom in.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cardiff

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to viovoxer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by viovoxer View Post

Is this with Fcam as well?

I want to pick one of those strawberries and eat them, lol

The Following User Says Thank You to imperiallight For This Useful Post:
I think zooming in is the problem. I believe N900 has a digital zoom and not an optical zoom. With digital zoom, the more you zoom, the more pixelated the picture becomes. For all of my pictures, I just walk really close to the subject (like 5 cm away) and take the picture. Forget the zoom (set it to the furthest back possible) and try manually adjusting the distance by walking towards or away. That should make a huge difference in quality.

Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
"not high quality" - when i zoom in, i can tell it's pixelated and just not high quality...even in the RAW pics. When i convert the RAW to jpeg..omg it's even worst. The jpg that it produce in N900 gallery is also pixelated when zoom in.

Hello guys, I have some questions regarding this fcam thing. Okay to start with I must tell you that I know nothing at all about coding, I wouldnt know what a linux is if it jumped up and bit me on the nose and the only kernel I know wears a white suit and sells the best fried chicken ever!

Okay here is my question, I want to try this fcam thing for better pictures, I have a young family and we go camping often during the holidays and we have our main holidays soon in the canaries, do I just install the fcam and then Im good to go or is there anything else I need to go with it? I already found that I have to uninstall Blessn as it would conflict.

If someone would be as kind as to let me know in the simplest_way_possible then I would very much appreciate it.

I think zooming in is the problem. I believe N900 has a digital zoom and not an optical zoom. With digital zoom, the more you zoom, the more pixelated the picture becomes. For all of my pictures, I just walk really close to the subject (like 5 cm away) and take the picture. Forget the zoom (set it to the furthest back possible) and try manually adjusting the distance by walking towards or away. That should make a huge difference in quality.
No dude...i am not talking about taking picture while zooming in. These pictures are FINISHED and are being transported to my PC. When view upclose zoom on pc, they're not high quality and appear pixelated.

Tags
camera, fremantle, gallery, image, maemo, maemo 5, n900, photo, photograph, photography, picture, show and tell