Notices

Great, thanks!
And one more question (sorry): Is it possible to fix the auto complete behaviour? I think it is a general QT 4.6.2 bug but maybe you can cast some Voodoo!? It is a little bit annoying to auto complete a word and write a . or ! with a space between them while the normal (preinstalled) applications automatically delete the unnecessary space.
For example:

Preinstalled conversations application: "This is a test."
Every QT 4.6.2 application: "This is a test ."

Last edited by DaSilva; 2010-07-26 at 23:22.

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm, Sweden
How do I uninstall python-2.5-qt4-gui?

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Bavaria, Germany
Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
Is it possible to fix the auto complete behaviour? I think it is a general QT 4.6.2 bug but maybe you can cast some Voodoo!? It is a little bit annoying to auto complete a word and write a . or ! with a space between them while the normal (preinstalled) applications automatically delete the unnecessary space.
It took me almost five minutes to figure out what you mean I've never noticed how the conversations completion behaves ... maybe I should use it more often. I can have a look at this but don't expect anything because I don't have much time and have to do preparations for my holiday trip (starts in two weeks)

Originally Posted by shanrizvi View Post
How do I uninstall python-2.5-qt4-gui?
Maybe it's better to not uninstall this as it might remove all Python applications from your phone. The best way for you should be to disable the extras-testing repository if enabled and/or install "rootsh" in your application manager. Then open the "Terminal" and enter "root" to gain root permissions followed by "apt-get update" to update the repository cache and "apt-get upgrade" to install updates if available. If it still fails to install, I don't really have a clue as Web2SMS depends on python-2.5-qt4 without version information - so it should never conflict.

The Following User Says Thank You to gri For This Useful Post:
Hi,
web2sms looks very promising, thanks for working on it. I'm trying to configure my vodafone ireland and meteor accounts. however, both say 'unknown error happened' when proxy script is ticked and left blank. When proxy script is not checked, says 'error logging in'.
Do you know how I could get this to work? Do i need to fill in a proxy script?

thanks a lot.

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Brasil
I added an account voipbusterpro, but when I insert the receiver he will not let me type anything. And the contacts book, none of them is added.
Any ideas?

When i write a message to a contact with an unread message in my inbox it gets the read status after I have sent a SMS to this contact. Can you please fix this?

Originally Posted by lefty298 View Post
Hi,
web2sms looks very promising, thanks for working on it. I'm trying to configure my vodafone ireland and meteor accounts. however, both say 'unknown error happened' when proxy script is ticked and left blank. When proxy script is not checked, says 'error logging in'.
Do you know how I could get this to work? Do i need to fill in a proxy script?

thanks a lot.
These providers are very untested. Some user told me Vodafone Ireland works but always says "unknown error happened". Leaving the proxy script empty leads to errors. The default setting should fill in the cabbage send address. Using the proxy settings at all does not work with the current version. An additional setting for definining your "own number" must be implemented first. I should take a look at the code again

Originally Posted by maya View Post
I added an account voipbusterpro, but when I insert the receiver he will not let me type anything. And the contacts book, none of them is added.
Any ideas?
Voipbusterpro.com is Betamax and should work out of the box. You can't write into the receivers-field by hand! This is disabled by purpose until the control has been tested (and does not contain contacts you've removed from it or something else).
None of the contacts is added? This is strange, please test this again and/or send me screenshots what happens exactly.

When i write a message to a contact with an unread message in my inbox it gets the read status after I have sent a SMS to this contact. Can you please fix this?
The written messages simply get added to rtcom. No existing conversation is altered. There is no way for me to change this I suppose the conversations app does exactly the same. Try writing to a friend with "new sms" instead of opening the conversation.
Edit: Maybe there is a way ... I'll check the message flags.

Last edited by gri; 2010-07-29 at 18:21.

I think it already works as it should, I had this problem only once together with the conversation inbox widget but it was a bug from that widget (I think), sorry and thanks for investigating.

Do you have any plans to make it possible to enter a telephone number instead of a contact from the address book?

Hi!

There is a way to had italian operator?

Do you have any plans to make it possible to enter a telephone number instead of a contact from the address book?
It's on my list but it needs very much testing, otherwise it could cost you a lot of money ...

Originally Posted by zarkokn View Post
There is a way to had italian operator?
If someone writes a plugin for an italian provider. Currently there is none. If you have some Qt and c++ coding skills it won't be hard to do this. I myself can't implement providers where I don't have an account or can't even read the language (I'm limited to German and English ).