Thanks, all, for this thread, it is very useful!

I may need to run two sim cards in the very near future, but I am not yet confident about running a Dual Sim adaptor or cutting my sim cards to fit in my N900.

Will there be any problems swapping one out and swapping the other one in, say, once per day?

Will the N900 internet access settings get 'messed up' by the new sim card each time?

(Does the sim card contain the internet settings or does the N900 get set up from the network when you switch it on with a given sim in it?)

The new sim that I get won't 'reregister' the phone to that network or anything silly, will it?

Please accept my apologies for the n00b questions.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

EDIT: Is it safe to assume that the new internet connection settings from the additional sim card will be held within the Menu > Settings > Connections screen, and therefore easily selectable from the drop down menu at the top of the main screen, regardless of which sim card you have in?

Last edited by MaemoNoob; 2010-06-22 at 16:34. Reason: edited to ask about Connections settings

I swap SIMs twice a month. The first power on after changing sims takes a little longer. It asks me to change or confirm language, locale, time etc. Otherwise everything is the same.

Sure is a nuisance now that I have an Otterbox.

The Following User Says Thank You to Gerald101 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bendigo, Australia
Originally Posted by MaemoNoob View Post
Thanks, all, for this thread, it is very useful!

EDIT: Is it safe to assume that the new internet connection settings from the additional sim card will be held within the Menu > Settings > Connections screen, and therefore easily selectable from the drop down menu at the top of the main screen, regardless of which sim card you have in?
Your mobile data connection settings will be specific to the sim you have in use.

i.e. If you set up sim 1 with provider A's APN and sim 2 with provider B's APN then every time you use sim 1, provider A's connection settings will be available but not provider B's and vice versa.

Any wireless connections you have saved will not be affected.

The process of swapping sims is really easy on the N900 - once you have developed some confidence in tearing the back cover off (at first the plastic feels like it will snap when pressure is applied) and can be done in a matter of seconds.

As Gerald101 mentioned, time and date settings need to be confirmed (correct time & date is remembered - just need to hit save). The only change in settings I have noticed though is the clock always reverts to 24 hour format.

Hope this helps!

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ São Paulo - Brasil
I have just set up the SIm adapter to my n900, it works like a charm! there's no need to confirm anything when it switches lines.

Originally Posted by chrisbartolo View Post
hes there been any development regarding the dualsim?? I bought a magicsim 23th-B non-cut and it says to use the quick codes "001" "002" etc. to switch and use its functionality.. though they don't seem to work. any help regarding this?
Thanks
What is a quickcode?

The Following User Says Thank You to soeiro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rmarcus View Post
I have just set up the SIm adapter to my n900, it works like a charm! there's no need to confirm anything when it switches lines.

How do you swap lines? Reboot or some command?

The Following User Says Thank You to soeiro For This Useful Post:
hi
can any one help me in installing Dictionary in my Nokia N900

Originally Posted by bioepi View Post
Hi; i'm using the magic sim 23th-A (you must cut) in N900 and it's work perfectly, i configure before in other phone, to use it in 007 mode an then change to N900, i change sim with 001 and 002 code.
i heard that quick code does not work on n900

do you have to have another phone to set it up or can you do the setup with just the n900?

i ve got the magicsim 23th and 26th...

- i followed the instructions
- i lend a ngage to switch from stk mode to 007 mode it works with both adapters
- i've got an old gsm card and a new 3g card
- i put the adapter in my n900

23th
- the 23th workes fine, but the 23th only supports 2 and 2.5 g...
- u can switch the simcards typing 001 call (for sim1) or 002 call (for sim2). after a few seconds, the new connection with the other sim-card is working.

26th with the same sim cards :

- it works in 3g mode (speed tested)
- i can switch from my gsm card to the 3g card.
- but i can't switch from 3g card to gsm.
- after a few trys the gsm card will be no more detected (put sim-card in failure). if i use the 3g card in the same slot, it works, but i can't switch.
- same situation in both phones!

maybe the adapter is broken, maybe my gsm-simcard is to old.

does anyone else use the magicsim 26th card adapter?