Notices

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by s33 View Post
nice Player....but is there a way to add mutiple files to the playlist other than selecting the whole folder and adding it to playlist?

i mean selecting tracks one by one and adding them together as a bunch.....
Not yet, but it's a great idea!

Originally Posted by Snoshrk View Post
? Is the full screen / Car mode still there for the N8x0?

If so, How do I get to it?

Thanks
Sno
Currently not as the standard music player screen is quite the same now as car mode has been. But one could always long for bigger buttons and complete fullscreen mode. They're under consideration.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Yes, this is it. Unfortunately this UPnP server doesn't give out more information on what's wrong. I'll try if I find something.
Sorry about the trouble Pycage. The issue is on my side. I have Media player 12, and it's not as cut and dry as Microsoft makes it seem to setup a UPnP server with WMP 12. But I got Tversity and Mediabox talks with that perfectly fine. So great program Pycage! Thanks for all the help .

Now does anyone know how to setup a upnp server with WMP 12? If not, no big deal.

On a different note, is there a way to shuffle playback of shared music with MediaBox?

The Following User Says Thank You to cstryon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cstryon View Post
On a different note, is there a way to shuffle playback of shared music with MediaBox?
Some UPnP media shares offer the option to list all music files in one big folder. You could set MediaBox to shuffle mode and start playing a file from that folder. Or you setup a playlist with shared content in MediaBox.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
Thank you! Looks very nice! Good work!
i have a few feature requests. Some of them were still made by other people:

-Catch the dbus calls of mafw to control the player via headset, BT-remote (AVRCP) and get the headphone-daemon to work.

-A desktop widget with basic player controls would be nice.

-An option to open an URL manually.

-A filter function for pictures like the Nokia imageviewer has. This would be useful, not to display album covers etc.

-Integrating the FM radio.

-A built-in feed aggregator for podcasts, maybe compatible with gpodder.net to sychronize.

-A resuming option for podcasts and audiobooks would make it perfect.

This are only suggestions. Maybe you could implement the one or other.

Sometimes the VCH media server does not appear under videos. is this a bug?
Most videos do not play, but also with the original mediaplayer. Yes, I know,
same engine.

Last edited by mase; 2010-07-28 at 08:00.

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
pycage,

Great job! MediaBox is really getting better quite quickly. Thanks for bringing starring back. I have two questions/issues and one small annoyance. This is on 2010.07.24 on an N900.

1) When opening MB, the splash screen comes up twice. (Thats the annoyance), and the when the shelf comes up, I only get the default items. I have to reload to see anything I have put on the shelf. And every once in a while, it will drop back to the splash screen.

2) Does the Recent 50 playlist now only apply to media played from a playlist? For instance, I added the podcasts directory to the shelf, because I didn't realize that you could add a directory to the playlist and it would sift through it...So I have been playing from that directory. Well, I have another directory from which I also play, and the older version of MB would catalogue the media played, so when I switched between them, I could keep track.

Anyhow, thanks and keep up the good work.

--vr

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
So Mediabox closes itself correctly now?

I'm not all too good with the Xterm command line thingy so I haven't bothered with this in quite some time.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Hi,
This is a great bit of kit- BUT (and I know this is a stupid question), , but previously I've used MediaMonkey to get my audio onto my N900.. and that kind of worked but I've just installed MediaBox and all I'm getting is 'Folder contains no media'.(same applies for photos etc. as well)

Basically I think I've confused myself by shifting stuff around but if someone could tell me
a) which folder MediaBox looks in for Albums/Artists etc,(to search in windows on PC specifically) and
b) If it's then possible to default Media Monkey to sync to that folder or will I need to drag media files in by hand...
then I'd be very grateful.
Cheers.

hi! i have another bug i think... when im playing a random list and i click on next, changing songs and sudently i want to go back to one that i liked it goes random backwards too.. so i cannot return to a song that i wanted to play... i think the random option should only be to next song and not to prev song...
about the lag in playback when n900 is going to save mode, i can say that it was totally removed when i overclocked the phone to "ideal" config...

sorry for my bad english and thanks again for your hard work!

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
Sometimes the tags, especially the genre is not shown correctly. The original mediaplayer
shows correctly, but mediabox shows "(" or "unspecified".

Tags
mediabox, pycage rules