Active Topics

Notices

Is this still up in extras-dev? Can't find it, I am not too sharp today.

Edit: Never mind, found it in garage Not launching correctly, but can't wait until next update, great concept.

Last edited by Maemomd; 2010-07-28 at 21:31.

I tried to "feed" the android 10.1 .so to mbrowser on maemo, but it didn't work I have a feeling that adobe has an armel 10.1 version of flashplayer for debian based systems, just not easily accessible.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
To reiterate - this changes absolutely nothing in the functionality of the Flash plugin on your N900. It *only* changes the identification string. It is ONLY good for sloppy sites that throw 'you need to upgrade to Flash 10' in your face for no reason.

EDIT In other news, I just uploaded a new version to extras-devel... check in a few minutes and report back (especially if it DOESN'T crash )

Last edited by attila77; 2010-07-28 at 21:40.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
The new version works for me. I will try the FroYo ID. Which one works best for you?

The Following User Says Thank You to Deaconclgi For This Useful Post:
I would recommend the lowest version that you can get away with. The higher you set it the higher the chances of actually triggering something that DOES require Flash 10(.1) functionality.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ SF East Bay, Cali
I was only able to run it as root. It would not start running as user.

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Austria
oh yeah, now i can watch videos from laola1.tv, jihaa
but, i have to start tweakflasher as root from terminal

Okay, three questions: what's the error if you run it as a user, and two, is the UI light or dark when you run it as root (don't ask ). Lastly, does it perhaps work as user *after* you successfully started it as root. Sorry about the silly questions, but this root business is tricky to do right

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ SF East Bay, Cali
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Okay, three questions: what's the error if you run it as a user, and two, is the UI light or dark when you run it as root (don't ask ). Lastly, does it perhaps work as user *after* you successfully started it as root. Sorry about the silly questions, but this root business is tricky to do right
1. On the contrary, I am able to run it as user from the command-line. It will not start as user from the desktop. However, when I attempt to make and save the change I get the following error: "Uh-oh. Error while opening/writing Flash plugin binary. I hope I didn't break it. Fear not, even if I did, I made a backup to ..., just copy it back to ... as root. the UI is dark.

2. If I run it as root from the command-line, I get a dark UI as before and am I able to make and save the change without error.

My test has been to see if I can watch a video from hulu.com. I've tried the following:
linux, 10,1,53,0
android, 10,1,61 (froyo)
linux 10,0.45

and none of them allow me to watch a video from hulu.com. The player loads for a while then displays the message "Sorry, we are unable to load the player...."

I'll try something less aggressive to test.

UPDATE: Ok, I am able watch facebook videos in microb, no luck in firefox 1.1. In firefox 1.1, the play button is never rendered and the area for the video to be displayed is just black.

Last edited by JayBEE; 2010-07-29 at 00:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to JayBEE For This Useful Post:
can't find it in extras-dev??

CasTTeLLo

Tags
facebook video, flash 10, flash 10.1, poormansflash10, tweak flash