If I go online using my FB Chat and skype accounts, my contact list reaches over 1000 contacts and having every single one of them displayed even though they're not online is very annoying.

I would like to have the option that hides all the offline contacts as they are no use to me. MSN has this option so I would like to see it implemented.

You can sort your contacts by status.

yes i can sort them, but i dont want them to even be there when they're offline.

For example. If I am not connected to the internet, I still have 1000+ contacts unless I completely disable the IM accounts. It's annoying having to enable/disable the account every time i go off or online.

So I'm proposing an option that when the phone is offline, IM contacts can be hidden if either n900 is offline or the IM contact is offline.

If there is a contact that has a phone number and IM, then they do not get hidden.

That would be a nice option.

Banned | Posts: 388 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2010
I would like a similar option implemented when one is starting a new IM chat from the conversations dialog. For some reason it shows offline Facebook users on that list. Facebook doesn't carry offline messages and this renders it useless.

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Yes please, this is really required as a setting:
Show only online buddies + contacts.

That would be a great feature

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ GA, USA
i would also like this in the form of a desktop widget.