Active Topics

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Canada
Just this evening, when I try to log in to Gmail with Opera on my N800, I get a "Secure Connection" dialog box saying "This site has sent an untrusted certificate ... Certificate cannot identify the server."

Pressing "Continue" just causes it to try a bit longer and then report failure, usually (often it says "Unable to complete secure transaction," sometimes it pops up the same dialog again, but it never just works). Pressing "Details" does nothing. Pressing "Cancel," of course, doesn't do anything useful for me, either.

I tried going to https://www.fortify.net/sslcheck.html and got the same message. Logging in to Yahoo!, same message. SSL2 enabled or disabled in Opera's settings, no difference.

Could Opera's collection of certs be hosed? The battery did die this afternoon, though I can't imagine how Opera would have had the relevant file up in the air, since the tablet was snoozing at the time.

I've tried rebooting multiple times. It was working fine earlier today.

Last edited by Eric S. Smith; 2007-09-19 at 03:48.

Hi,

just reboot your N800, that should solve the problem

-dcroennau

Originally Posted by dcroennau View Post
just reboot your N800
Thanks for answering, dcroennau. Unfortunately, rebooting doesn't sort it out for me.

I'm searching around to see if anyone can explain the cause of the problem, but so far all I've found is reports of reboots fixing it.

Emptying Opera's cache is the key -- I closed all windows, re-opened Opera, went Menu ⇒ Tools ⇒ Clear ⇒ Cache, and then restarted the tablet. Problem solved! A few days later I ran into the problem again, and the procedure worked again.

Last edited by Eric S. Smith; 2007-09-21 at 23:01.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
i got the same problem yesterday on garage.maemo.org ...
after a reboot it was ok... next time i will try to empty the cache because rebooting is not really acceptable when you have a dozen of opened windows..

In my case, both were necessary, so I'd be interested to hear if you can do one or the other and have it work.

Has anyone ever worked out what causes this phenomenon?