Closed Thread
You know, for a hacking community supposedly overrun by developers and programmers in their 30's this place is the most fanboyish and biased forum I've ever visited

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PradaBrada For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by garyc2010 View Post
But what if I want to make a simple phone call, I drive a BMW 635i but my n900 wont show transfer contacts over iDrive......
Didnt someone just post a piece of software to sync contacts with cars systems.....

Yep they did

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...highlight=obex

And what do you know - the BMW is mentioned as successful.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Last edited by Bratag; 2010-07-30 at 20:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
"I also understand that your life revolves around an operating system. Thus you are an expert on it. I have a life, and in fact, an exciting career, outside an operating system. Thus I am not an expert on Debian, Maemo, Windows nor any other OS modern devices operate on. But I enjoy the learning experiences the N900 and the Maemo community provide."

so why tell lies you enjoy hacking the n900 ????????????

"Thus I am not an expert on Debian, Maemo, Windows nor any other OS modern devices operate on."

so why tell lies you enjoy hacking the n900 ????????????
Because I am a poser? Oh man, you caught me. How dare I. Of all the places, on an online forum. Telling a lie.

Still didn't answer the question, what did YOU buy the N900 for?

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
No disrespect, but.. anybody that says, "No disrespect" is probably disrespecting. No disrespect, mind you.

Actually, I didn't mind it so much except that it drowned out all of us N8x0 owners out of content and discussions that we might have wanted to see. More tragic, more and more people were becoming less and less tolerant for other opinions and the previously jokey back-and-forthing became a lot less jovial. That's the bigger tragedy, I think. It made things less and less fun, even when you didn't agree.
Soon you will meet them on the android forums you'll read posts like "tired of this closed platform going for MeeGo, that's open !"

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by frostbyte View Post
Because I am a poser? Oh man, you caught me. How dare I. Of all the places, on an online forum. Telling a lie.

Still didn't answer the question, what did YOU buy the N900 for?
Is that a phone in your pocket or are you happy you know it runs Linux?

Originally Posted by giladmttw View Post
Soon you will meet them on the android forums you'll read posts like "tired of this closed platform going for MeeGo, that's open !"
Not quite. At least Android doesn't have the pretense of pretending to excite the open-source community.

Banned | Posts: 138 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by PradaBrada View Post
Actually no, bluntly put time is a spacial dimension, therefore a lightyear is a distance
Or just v= s/t therefore vt = s

So long and thanks for all the fish
" time is a spacial dimension"

errr no its not

Time SLOWS down MORE as you approach the speed of light, so time is NOT a constant therefore TIME is NOT a spatial dimension

I fear your understanding of "TIME" is somewhat, limited

further reading

http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/2621

as I said TIME, Distance and GRAVITY are all related

anyways this is a n900 forum

PS I agreed with 99% of your other posts PravaBrada and goodbye

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Is that a phone in your pocket or are you happy you know it runs Linux?
I don't know what you've been told but mine runs on pixie dust and rainbows. It also comes with an app for immediately terminating the life of a poster that uses "LOL" or "ROFLMAO"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frostbyte For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
" time is a spacial dimension"

errr no its not

Time SLOWS down MORE as you approach the speed of light, so time is NOT a constant therefore TIME is NOT a spatial dimension

I fear your understanding of "TIME" is somewhat, limited

further reading

http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/2621

as I said TIME, Distance and GRAVITY are all related

anyways this is a n900 forum

PS I agreed with 99% of your other posts PravaBrada and goodbye
You forget relativity. Time for the observer travelling at the speed of light appears slower when observing the objects that are NOT travelling at the speed of light, but time for that same observer would appear to be normal relative to the observer himself. Objects observing the traveller moving at the speed of light remains normal relative to themselves but time for the objects travelling at the speed of light would appear to run faster.

Consider GPS satellites and the highly accurate clocks that ran normally here in atmosphere relative to everyone and everything travelling at the same speed. Once they went into orbit, these highly accurate clocks drifted ahead in time at a syncronized rate because they were travelling at high speeds above the Earth.

Time is not a spacial dimension, per se. It is a dimension, it can be travelled faster and slower (as yet, you can only travel FORWARD) and it is effected by gravity, but you cannot describe it as spacial.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by gryedouge View Post
@ gerbick

Off topic, i know...but have you finally decided to get yourself a N900?
We had two at the office, now down to one. I've sat on top of one I could get for $295 USD, but the service for T-Mobile 3G in my area is downright abysmal - you know it's bad when AT&T is a better choice.

I use one thrice weekly and on long trips now. Still not convinced to fully get one yet. Wish they supported AT&T frequencies for 3G.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 138 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by giladmttw View Post
I was very sad to see this forum drown with n900 users, most of them didn't care about linux. All they wanted was a smartphone. Now I am very happy to see natural selection taking its course. Those that don't know how to maintain a linux system are starting to leave. Good.
To the OP:
You know sooo much about computers and your highly technical review of the issues you have found is "buggy, very buggy OS" and "can't communicate with iDrive".
Some hacker you are.
IM very happy to natural selection taking it course also, thats why Apple sold 40 Million + iPhone 3, and have already shifted 3 million plus iPhone 4's.

Nokia haven't sold that many since launch.....its all about the ecosystem my friend, i think they have sold about 6 in the same time frame as the ip4...........truth hurts doesnt it ?

"Those that don't know how to maintain a linux system are starting to leave. Good."

Can you please tell me how to "maintain a Linux system"

ill take notes... honest i will.*

*ps what services are you running ? like is it IMAP or IMAPS, are you running stunnel ? what is your backup strategy ??? is it local tar /dev/st0 or rsync or both ???

Closed Thread

Tags
entertainment, new isheep, nokia otaku, oh no dont go, outrage, popcorn time, see ya dork, shark week, trololol, what a dick