Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Before I am branded a fanboy I must point out this. I am not Nokia's fanboy. I have absolutely lost all my confidence in the company (although it can very easily regain it if it starts acting well). I am an N900's fanboy though. What can I say..I fell in love with it.

If you look at the potential I pointed out, none of it has to do with Nokia. I don't have faith in them anymore. I do however have great faith with the developers and members of this community. It is sad how many non-maemo owners stick around just to flame though.

I love Maemo. If a future device (Symbian, Android, Meego, iOS) with a great hardware keyboard (required) and hopefully resistive touchscreen comes out I would be tempted to make a switch. Not because I think the N900 is bad, but future devices will have better hardware. I don't really care about thickness. The N900 ia very comfortable. If I cared about thickness I would ditch my wallet and carry spare notes...

The Following User Says Thank You to pantera1989 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
Originally Posted by garyc2010 View Post
"Still didn't answer the question, what did YOU buy the N900 for?"

Simple

A Linux Desktop in my pocket...............

Or did I miss something ?????

BTW U may criticize the n900 but hey guys criticism can be a bloody good thing, on this forum if you criticize the n900 your either a NOOB, you bought the wrong device. your a windoze fanboi , your reatrded, etc etc

Itls like Nokia told me I could sync my n900 with exchange server................................this is STILL not fixed.......dicks I say.
I see. And boy did you get f**ked with a dry penetration then .

Ditto on the fanboism though.

Banned | Posts: 138 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
I'm sure if you were somewhat more tactful with your thread titles and attitude towards others you wouldn't have been banned.

And I sincerely hope many of the more... destructive and rude posters follow you out the door.
I posted this

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=58582

"'m sure if you were somewhat more tactful with your thread titles and attitude towards others you wouldn't have been banned."

Hmmm can you please tell me what was wrong with my post ???

was it

destructive ???
rude ??
NOT tactful
There was NO attitude to others ????

PS how do you tactfully say an OS is **** ???

after all you "are sure" ???

His reaction is symptomatic of all that is dysfunctional with maemo

Sorry I just read your profile, I understand.

I posted this

"'m sure if you were somewhat more tactful with your thread titles and attitude towards others you wouldn't have been banned."

Hmmm can you please tell me what was wrong with my post ???
Because your thread was entitled "The Beginning of the end" which, quite frankly, comes across as both trolling and FUD.

I suppose, however, that such a title isn't sufficient. I suspect it might have to do with your posting history which shows you as extremely rude and vulgar, showing a persistent thread of being unhelpful and antagonistic.

You've been bashing the N900 and trolling these forums since February. I'm shocked it took you -this- long to leave.

And no, he's interested in keeping these forums useful for people who would rather -use- their device than bash it and the people who own it.

Sorry I just read your profile, I understand.
What about my profile?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by frostbyte View Post
I see. And boy did you get f**ked with a dry penetration then .

Ditto on the fanboism though.
"And boy did you get f**ked with a dry penetration then . "

Hahahhahahah

"And boy did you get f**ked with a dry penetration then . "

You sound like a Nokia Official Spokesman !!!!!!!!!!!

Whats the Chance flanders will an him for this ????

but he banned me for this post ???

and WHILE i was banned (It was 30 points and a week before I could Post) he gave me another 10 point ban (even though I couldnt post !!!!)...

thats what i CALL RAGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I can say to flanders is

1) Thats the way I roll
2) 30 Points seems a bit ****...are you a a ***** ?
3) can I have a 32434,345345,345345,45,4353.00 ban please ?

Gary

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Gary, I don't believe you got banned for a week because of that post.

I'm staying here with the other fanboys. This has been a really boring thread.

Bye.

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
I apologize for my bad choice of words. Let's make it "forked" shall we?

Originally Posted by giladmttw View Post
I don't know what services. I could look it up but I don't care. There are no problems on my system.
tar and rsync suppose to impress me !? what are you 12 ?
sorry 5 minutes ago you were a linux hacker........................................

and you don't know what tar and rsycnc are (two of the most basic linux commands.........................)

just STOP slagging others if you dont know what you are acttually talking about.........................................

PS im glad there are no problems on your system, as I would doubt you would have a clue how to diagnose and fix any problems you did have

Originally Posted by giladmttw View Post
I don't know what services. I could look it up but I don't care. There are no problems on my system.
tar and rsync suppose to impress me !? what are you 12 ?
"I don't know what services. I could look it up but I don't care"

Damn youre the noob with a rootkit slowing down my network............................

well you did admit you DONT know what daemons/services are running on your linux box...................

You sir are the DANGEROUS "linux expert"

to say " I could look it up but I don't care"............DONT EVER TAKE UP LINUX ADMIN ..........................................

are you 12 ?????

sorry 5 minutes ago you were a linux hacker........................................

and you don't know what tar and rsycnc are (two of the most basic linux commands.........................)

just STOP slagging others if you dont know what you are acttually talking about.........................................

PS im glad there are no problems on your system, as I would doubt you would have a clue how to diagnose and fix any problems you did have
Well good luck to you, and if you don't get banned, you know at least the mods will label your thread with relevant tags like "whiners", "nut jobs", or "judaisim" at the bottom.

Closed Thread

Tags
entertainment, new isheep, nokia otaku, oh no dont go, outrage, popcorn time, see ya dork, shark week, trololol, what a dick