Active Topics

Originally Posted by johnel View Post
That's fine when you are cooking but are you applying that to maemo & meego or maybe customer satisfaction?
It's application is universal. Learn it. Live it. Love it. Here's a recent example:

When Steve tells me "multi-tasking" in iOS 4 won't be supported for my iPod touch 2G (ARM11 @ 533 MHz w/ 128 MB) I just say, "Thank you sir may I have another." It's so strange 'cause I used to multi-task with Linux running X on the first Pentium (P60 @ 60 MHz w/ 8 MB). Oh well, silly me.

See, the universe is right again... But I can't help thinking you're on to something; this "breaking a few eggs" thing might be messing me up. I really like multi-tasking. Maybe I should just buy an iPod touch 3G... Hey. Wait a minute. F*ck that. Maybe I should just write him a really nasty letter. Or maybe I should demand the code so I can fix it for 'em.

Yeah baby, I'm fired up! When I'm done with Mr. Jobs, Nokia's next. Watch out!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
When Steve tells me "multi-tasking" in iOS 4 won't be supported for my iPod touch 2G (ARM11 @ 533 MHz w/ 128 MB) I just say, "Thank you sir may I have another." It's so strange 'cause I used to multi-task with Linux running X on the first Pentium (P60 @ 60 MHz w/ 8 MB). Oh well, silly me.

See, the universe is right again... But I can't help thinking you're on to something; this "breaking a few eggs" thing might be messing me up. I really like multi-tasking. Maybe I should just buy an iPod touch 3G... Hey. Wait a minute. F*ck that. Maybe I should just write him a really nasty letter. Or maybe I should demand the code so I can fix it for 'em.

Maybe you should just stop being a pansy and jailbreak.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
It's application is universal. Learn it. Live it. Love it. Here's a recent example:

Let's also not forget that Apple didn't play the "open source" and "Linux" (or BSD, in this case) device angle like Nokia did.

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
You've chosen not to respond to my first response. That's cool. But you keep using phrases like the above that seem more like FUD than an informed opinion.
Sorry, what exactly is your first response that I haven't responded to?

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by bsving View Post
Sorry, what exactly is your first response that I haven't responded to?
OH SNAP! He chose not to respond to your first response by responding to your response about not responding to your first response!

Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
Maybe you should just stop being a pansy and jailbreak.
So software freedom's a cool thing?

Maybe you should take some of your own advice and fix Portrait mode for yourself. I've dabbled a little. Let me know if I can help.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
So software freedom's a cool thing?

Maybe you should take some of your own advice and fix Portrait mode for yourself. I've dabbled a little. Let me know if I can help.
It was just a friendly suggestion.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Let's also not forget that Apple didn't play the "open source" and "Linux" (or BSD, in this case) device angle like Nokia did.
Even though I mentioned source, we weren't really talking about open source. We were more talking about generational hardware/OS incompatibilities.

If you'd like to talk about open source we can? For instance, I don't have source for my Linux NVIDIA drivers. But those drivers kick a*s! vsync issues aside, same goes for my n900. And I really like programming to the GPU right on the device! I could be wrong, but I think as we speak that stskeeps is making sure that OpenGL ES 1.1 and 2.0, the POWERVR SGX (Imagination Technologies), the n900, MeeGo and Linux 2.6.35 are all on the same page. Maybe he'll even get the vsync issue sorted out.

Is my glass half full or what?

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 232 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Idaho
Or we could you know... stay on topic as we haven't been for the last page and a half.
And Maemo is pronounced as 'May-Mo (as in MOcha)', right? I hope so cause I won't change it anyways :P
http://youtube.com/mgamerz

Uh oh, p0rn for Dan.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokiaisrelevant, noreally!