Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by sjgosha View Post
thanks i will try
It might also be because some of your custom images @ top menu could be corrupted etc. Dunno. But I'm sure it's not because of the theme if it happens with other themes also.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

This might be a stupid question on my part but ...

Just updated to the latest, what happened to the red version?

Edit - Yep, stupid question. Addon packs, grabbing now, thanks! Great theme btw

Last edited by bob0smith; 2010-08-01 at 15:54.

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
If you choose to use custom transitions then tweakr won't apply it's changes to plastic theme. Choose to use default transitions in order to make tweakr "work".

Allthough the snapping settings in my custom transitions is same as tweakr's small-value (4 pixels).
Hi D-Iivil

First of all, excellent work. Really cool stuff is going on here.
Now, secondly, my issue: Tweakr's snapping-feature doesn't work, contrary to your hint, no matter if I use default or custom transitions. Even having uninstalled tweakr, the icons/widgets don't snap. Tried several possible combinations: enabeling default or custom transitions while switching between default and custom themes, no snapping...
Are the transitions or the snapping sub-theme specific? I'm using the Pleego variation, all options enabled and/or set to Black Plastic specific defaults... Any way to get snapping back?

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ cambridge,england
love this theme package, great work

i have a request though how about an option to remove the square shadows from the icons , its very tedious typing the same code in xterminal everytime i try a new colour or do an update and i just cant live with those square shadows on any theme i use:P

keep up the amazing work m8

Originally Posted by schaggo View Post
Hi D-Iivil

First of all, excellent work. Really cool stuff is going on here.
Now, secondly, my issue: Tweakr's snapping-feature doesn't work, contrary to your hint, no matter if I use default or custom transitions. Even having uninstalled tweakr, the icons/widgets don't snap. Tried several possible combinations: enabeling default or custom transitions while switching between default and custom themes, no snapping...
Are the transitions or the snapping sub-theme specific? I'm using the Pleego variation, all options enabled and/or set to Black Plastic specific defaults... Any way to get snapping back?
If you choose to use default transitions then tweakr will work (if it was working before). You just need to reboot probably after applying tweakr settings.

There IS a snap to grid set ON @ my transitions. It's set to 4px. If you want to have my transitions and bigger snap-to-grid you may do the following:
edit this file with your favourite editor (I prefer leafpad so example code below uses it), rootsh must be installed, type this into xterm:
sudo gainroot
leafpad /usr/share/themes/blackplastictheme-themedir/transitions.tmp

Scroll down to the end of the file and you'll see the snap to grid value. Change the value to bigger one to get larger snap (try 8 or 16).

Save the file by tapping to bar, then save.

Close terminal, run Plastic Theme Setup, choose to use custom transitions and reboot. Hit save and wait for the phone to reboot.

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Switzerland
Nah, 4px snapping is fine with me. Had it on small anyway. But for the hell of it, tweakr is gone, custom animations activated, applied, theme setup run, reboot: no snapping. Icons/widgets move on a 1 or at most 2px basis. Sheeezle :@ Any ideas?
With my last try I went as far as applying Nokia Nseries, rebooted. Without changing the theme I used the config app, let it set all to custom and Pleego and then reboot: Custom transitions are ok but no snap...! Hmpf...!

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Las Palmas
Excellent programme. Thanks for all your hard work. I sent you a cold beer.

Barrie

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
@d-iivil

yo! this may be too much but is there a possibility that the "D-theme Night" be added on the plastic theme?

Thanks......

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Originally Posted by schaggo View Post
Hi D-Iivil

... Any way to get snapping back?
I had the same concern. What worked for me was to switch to the default theme and rebooted, which got the "snap to grid" working again. When I was done I just switched back to Plastic Theme. Hope this helps.

Believe me guys, it's there. 4px is just so small amount (it's the same as default @ PR1.2. If you want more noticeable snapping, then edit the transitions.tmp -file. I already posted detailed instruction for doing that