Notices

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
I wonder if it would be a good idea to rename this app "Fake Flash Version" or similar, so that it is more immediately descriptive to people who don't read more than the app title...?
dont stoop to the lowest common denominator. people who cant be bothered reading more than the app name should be happy that they're merely getting something slightly different than expected rather than a total nuke!

on that note i have considered making an app called "really cool app!!!" or "download this!!!" (they like exclamation marks these kinda people!!!) and filling the description with "this applications sole purpose is to completely and irrevocably brick your n900 upon installation, only reccommended if your last remaining use for your n900 is as a doorstop or projectile weapon." obviously o wouldn't upload a virus etc, just a hello world with "u are a complete spoon" or something,
just to see how many people will actually install it.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post
dont stoop to the lowest common denominator. people who cant be bothered reading more than the app name should be happy that they're merely getting something slightly different than expected rather than a total nuke!

on that note i have considered making an app called "really cool app!!!" or "download this!!!" (they like exclamation marks these kinda people!!!) and filling the description with "this applications sole purpose is to completely and irrevocably brick your n900 upon installation, only reccommended if your last remaining use for your n900 is as a doorstop or projectile weapon." obviously o wouldn't upload a virus etc, just a hello world with "u are a complete spoon" or something,
You sir, have made my day.

2d

The Following User Says Thank You to 2disbetter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Chesapeake, VA
Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post

This would be sweet!!!! When will it be available?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Killahgold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
Originally Posted by Killahgold View Post
This would be sweet!!!! When will it be available?
hahaha. should i sign u up as a beta tester when i do?

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Attila77 WHAT HAVE YOU DONE :P

Just keep in mind all the flash websites that trying internally recognize your TRUE flash player version will fail (included my Flaemo project that I am still working on and Device manager is the most important part of it in order to recognize your device and launch proper version)

You could use Attila77 Flash Launcher and set swf file as source and you could avoid invalid HTML tag that required 10 even if doesn't. So list of the websites you can see using that and you couldn't before using Flash Launcher or just calling file.swf is presented below:

Attila77 you are owe me Flaemo launcher :P

Last edited by devu; 2010-08-02 at 20:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to devu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
Hey, could anyone tell me the risk of using this?
I know about extras-devel and how it can brick xD but reading about how it backs up the old version, I am thinking about giving it a try.

If unsuccesfull or very unstable, how to restore to original flash settings?

Ty in advance, amazing project!

The Following User Says Thank You to blipnl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
It’s fairly brick-proof, and it really tries to double-check everything before committing to touching system files. You can always return to the original version by choosing it from the available versions option.

PS If you wait a few hours, you’ll get a version that has real restore built-in.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
exactly what i needed but where do i download

Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
It’s fairly brick-proof, and it really tries to double-check everything before committing to touching system files. You can always return to the original version by choosing it from the available versions option.

PS If you wait a few hours, you’ll get a version that has real restore built-in.
it all sounds brilliant.

now where's that N8xx version?

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Interesting. If I run it WITH sudo but WITHOUT run-standalone I lose the Fremantle theme and get nasty warnings in the console. Does anyone else have this or did I just hack my N900 beyond redemption (=ready to reflash).
isn't this 110% how things should be?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Tags
facebook video, flash 10, flash 10.1, poormansflash10, tweak flash