Notices

Originally Posted by jarmo2 View Post

Can you try again without your last.fm scrobbler?

Thank you for testing & reporting.
Hey jarmo!

I removed lastfm scrobble from my N900 and tested again. I got exactly the same behaviour. Did not write hcidump nor syslog this time.

My N900 says that the connection with my Prius car-kit is cancelled as soon as I hit the sync button on the car-kit. The headset icon on my N900 disappears. The bluetooth icon stays blue indicating BT connection still on. I can tell that the BT link is still on because the Prius car-kit doesn't complain that the link is gone, so it must be on. When I first tested with my stock N900 the car-kit kept asking me to "activate your phone".

This is nothing new: it's always happened when I tested my N900. The fact that I removed the lastfm scrobbler didn't change anything - apparently.

What now? Are you shure that it's not the character encoding in the VCFs? Is it just a coincidence that the phone stopped processing contacts at the fist non-ASCII contact?

Thanks a mil for your help.

Ciao!

Last edited by lore; 2010-08-02 at 07:28.

Originally Posted by jarmo2 View Post
Hi Lore!

Went through your logs. Everything in vcards are ok, but It looks like the whole phone hangs for 29 seconds during address book transfer.
Dear Jarmo,

I removed all contacts whose VCFs contain non-ASCII characters and guess what? It worked! 98 contacts tranferred to the car-kit of my Prius in a breeze!

I think that this proves that the problem that I was having is due to non-ASCII characters in the contact VCFs.

The car-kit of my Toyota Prius MY 2010 handles non-ASCII characters because it allows to enter what seems to be a small set of non-ASCII characters in the phone book.

Is this a general problem of Maemo or is it due to my car-kit? I have over 300 contacts with non-ASCII characters: what should I do?

Thank you for your help!

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Hi Lore!

My native language is Finnish so my address book is full with UTF-8 characters. They are transferred to BMW car kit without any problems.

Have you imported those problematic contacts from an other phone/computer? If a contact with special characters is created with N900 is it transferred correctly?

Tried the IrMC option as well. Still no luck with BMW 2006 325i.

Attached hcidump file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BMW325i2006.zip (4.7 KB, 116 views)

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by tthibodeau View Post

Attached hcidump file.

This log does not contain any reference to irmc. So I guess your carkit does not work with it.

It seems to know about OPP, so maybe you can just sent exported contacts to it using the file manager or the petrovic application

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by tthibodeau View Post

Attached hcidump file.
Maybe you can try to get a software update for your iDrive from you car dealer!?

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oulu, Finland
I get the pbap somehow working in the N900. I have tested with pbap-client and it makes obexd to crash. Attached is syslog and hcidump traces.
Attached Files
File Type: zip pbap_problem.zip (1.6 KB, 104 views)
File Type: zip pbap_problem.dmp.zip (2.9 KB, 110 views)

pbap success on BMW 5 series 2009 and BMW 1 series 2010.
Thanks to all involved. Great job!

Last edited by davall; 2010-08-04 at 12:35. Reason: typo

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by jakoleh View Post
I get the pbap somehow working in the N900. I have tested with pbap-client and it makes obexd to crash. Attached is syslog and hcidump traces.
Yes, I've seen the crashes too. It seems to go fine while retrieving the whole phonebook, but fails when individual vcard entries are collected.

how i can test if i have the 0.29 i dont trust my xterminal skills yet

Tags
bada rox, bluetooth, carkit, contacts, irmc sync, pbap profile