Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by Forphucsake View Post
Thats where I was reading, the main N900 page but thanks for the answer.
Oh. Well it's only partial for now, dunno when there will be fully accelerated(the GUI is already crazy fast anyway).

Replaced my Kingston 16gb class2 sdcard with a Transcend 8gb class6 one today to see if there're some improvements. And yes there are!

Much, much, MUCH better!

- 1st bootup doesnt take ages and the phone is much more responsive in the setup wizard.
- Almost no 'force close or wait' errors anymore (got them pretty much all the time on the class 2 card).
- Wifi responds better (well, browsing and downloading goes much better, so might be the faster sdcard, not the wifi performance perse).
- The whole OS seems more snappy.
- The phone doesnt get that hot anymore.

Maybe the Kingston was slow as hell, but I would recommend a class6 card straight away when you want to install NITDroid on one.

Last edited by Gundogan; 2010-08-04 at 14:15.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gundogan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mornage View Post
It should run OK, if it is terribly slow you may have an older version of NITDroid or something is wrong.

You cannot OC yet, the CPU always runs at 600mhz.

I would recommend removing and following the guides from post 1 and two on here again.
Thanks a lot for your answer!
I have just bought a class 4 microsd and reinstalled everything from scratch, including flashing the eMMC.
Now I have a problem with NITDroid
When I start booting it, the led flashes red and as soon as I arrive at NITDroid, it says power off and then my device shuts down...
What could I do wrong ?

although the main post says "working: Rotation Via accelerometer" I think the it is partially working. if you launch nfs shift you can't controll the car with the accelerometer eventhogh i am tilting the phone, however i can change the screen orientation.

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
yep thats true at this time being looked into, and rotation means screen

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by gtessier00 View Post
Thanks a lot for your answer!
I have just bought a class 4 microsd and reinstalled everything from scratch, including flashing the eMMC.
Now I have a problem with NITDroid
When I start booting it, the led flashes red and as soon as I arrive at NITDroid, it says power off and then my device shuts down...
What could I do wrong ?
see dj steves post in the help forum.

E: page 94, post 931.

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

Last edited by mornage; 2010-08-04 at 19:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to mornage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mornage View Post
It should run OK, if it is terribly slow you may have an older version of NITDroid or something is wrong.

You cannot OC yet, the CPU always runs at 600mhz.

I would recommend removing and following the guides from post 1 and two on here again.
Good news, NITDroid supports OCing out-of-the-box.

Multiboot installs a file /etc/power.conf.example which you can edit and copy to /and/system/etc/power.conf

The parameters and values are the same as in Maemo.

At the moment, there are some conflicts with the Nitdroid init.nokia.rc scripts, so if you don't know what that is about, the best thing to do is to wait till the devs have sorted it out.

I have been running my N900 @ 1000MHz all the time with Nitdroid, and the experience is silk smooth.

Cheers
Jay-C

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jay-C For This Useful Post:
Posts: 327 | Thanked: 383 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ alex , egypt
Originally Posted by Jay-C View Post
Good news, NITDroid supports OCing out-of-the-box.

Multiboot installs a file /etc/power.conf.example which you can edit and copy to /and/system/etc/power.conf

The parameters and values are the same as in Maemo.

At the moment, there are some conflicts with the Nitdroid init.nokia.rc scripts, so if you don't know what that is about, the best thing to do is to wait till the devs have sorted it out.

I have been running my N900 @ 1000MHz all the time with Nitdroid, and the experience is silk smooth.

Cheers
Jay-C
hey jay
could you tell me how can i run my n900 @ 1000
give me this kernel please

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
Originally Posted by Jay-C View Post

Cheers
Jay-C
Hello Jay-C,

What will happen with the init.nokia.rc conflict?

I have mounted the SD card, opened the power example file and ready to tinker to get 1Ghz like you. Do I simply change the max freq from 900000 to 1000000?.

Well, I wont do anything until I atleast understand the ramifications.

I played Asphalt 5 on a Samsung Vibrant @ 1Ghz today and it made my Asphalt 5 on NITDroid @ 600Mhz seem like a stuttering mess when played side by side. I look forward to 1Ghz NITDroid.

Thank you for your time.

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
if anyone wants to know how to run nitdroid overclocked throw me a pm here or on the nitdroid forums and ill give instructions, i would rather have a few more experianced users trying it that letting everyone try it and risk alot of problems although as jay-c says it seems quite stable at moment

Closed Thread