Notices

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
Great application, just a couple of things I noticed with the latest deb file

1) CPU usage is pretty high

2) I have 3300 tracks on my n900 however when I go to shuffle and click play songs similar to it just shows just 5 tracks. What do I need to do to make instinctive see my entire library in shuffle mode?

3) I have a similar issue with the instinctive shuffle, somehow it only shuffles through a small subset of of tracks - 5 to 10 of them...

4) Scrolling through tracks and/or artists is smooth however if you have 3000+ tracks it is a pain to always have to scroll through all the tracks to get to the ones later in the alphabet - would it be possible to implement an index at the left or right hand side which would let you jump straight to tracks/artists/albums starting with that letter. Similar to the N900 phone book when running in portrait mode

The song lookup is a great feature, I havent had a chance to test this yet but it is great to finally have this feature!

Thank you for all your hard work, this truly has potential to be a great application.

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
Latest version is meannnnn, great work, I said it before, best app available for the n900. Auto rotate, lower cpu, squash those bugs and I'll love you more than my unborn children.

The Following User Says Thank You to joshua.maverick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 73 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
Hello to all,

is it just me or am I just stupid?
I can not find any possibility to search for a Album or anything with keyboard or on the screen just scrolling, which is a pain in the *** if you have 431 Albums on your device like me lol
And unfortunatly Bluetooth Headset control still not working

Sorry if Im just stupid.
Btw using latest Version postet from peter one page earlier from yesterday

BR

Wolfpac

Hello,

i have the same issues that jer006 (point 2 and 3), and i would reallu like a random mode when you play all the songs of an artist or when you play a list of 1000 songs for example, and want to play it in random mode! I would love that!

BTW it's a great app, continue the good work! and Thank you very much!

Hi Peter,

This is a great application and I am glad to see it improving every day. I created some quick mockups for a possible playlist implementation (see attached files).

Hope you find this useful.

Thanks,
-DJ
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dannycamps For This Useful Post:
I took instictive to the gym today so i have some insights "
i have 2500 songs on my n900.

1. CPU usage seems to be quite high, sometimes 100% and its been like this for all my time at the gym, also i had to kill trackerd myself.
2. headset wired play/pause daemon works.
3. unplugging and pausing daemon doesnt work.
4.I didnt like the playlist that instinctive built me on 'Come Clarity' By In Flames. I have loads of metal songs but it often went to my blues or country selection for no reason(eric clapton while running?! plz).
5.My n900 didnt pause for the time i had a call,so i missed it, dont know if it because it lagged so much to pause and start the ringtone or because he just doesnt stop when having a call at the moment.
6.n900 stutters and caughs alot when trying to unlock the screen and do other thing with it(again, could be due to high CPU usage)

Thats It!
I really love the UI, snappy and intuitive.
Also i have a request, PLEASE make a widget for it on the desktop. I just got used to it by now.
Also suggestions: In the upper panel put icons for songs(a note),artists(a person),albums(an album) and playlist(a list?) and in the middle a bigger Back or "Back to main menu" button.

Overall i really like what is going on, Keep It Up!

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by ironm8 View Post
6.n900 stutters and caughs alot when trying to unlock the screen and do other thing with it(again, could be due to high CPU usage)
Uptime? (We have a bug for it)

Try after a fresh reboot.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
I have loads of metal songs but it often went to my blues or country selection for no reason(eric clapton while running?! plz).
In Flames and Eric Clapton? Explosive combination!! ROTFLMAO

n900 stutters and caughs alot when trying to unlock the screen and do other thing with it(again, could be due to high CPU usage)
Yeah, CPU usage is still a bit high for me too. I have to push the switch button or power button twice to unlock the screen. Also all the shuffle options repeat tracks very often (have 1800 tracks and in 50 minutes of listening, "Dazed and Confused" of Led Zeppelin was repeated for 3 times!)
By the way, what about the idea of add an equalizer? is doable?

erf still not working with bluetooth headset bh-505 ..
please put it to the wish list ?
thanks anyway the work is well going on !

I just made an account in this site an this will be my first post

I've been using instinctiv for the past few days and I must say that it's an amazing player and by far the best looking one I've seen for mobile devices.

With a few adjustments (probably already on the way) it will be the become the best player on the n900.

Since the player is still in development I would like to say what I would like in the final version
(would make it my default player)
1. A scrolling bar that shows the letters when browsing the songs, albums or artists.
2. The ability to activate instinctiv shuffle and random shuffle from the now playing screen as with the default player
(would be cool to have)
3. Crossfading
4. Working headphone daemons
5. Ability to edit song info from the player, like the name or album

Anyways, great work hoping to see the next update soon.

2. headset wired play/pause daemon works.
How did you get it to work ? I does not work for me, although I set it up to next track instead of pause/play, does it matter ?