Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by belaial View Post
Just a fast question

Is there a uninstall guide? just to be safe and don't mess up anything while uninstalling NiTDriod.

Not sure what could get messed up, just wanna be safe

I'm wondering about this since I am about to do a reinstall of NiTDriod since it won't boot any more
Reformat card and uninstall multiboot is how you do it but I don't think their is a guide

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
Reformat card and uninstall multiboot is how you do it but I don't think their is a guide
Yeah I tried my way forward and succeeded

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by belaial View Post
Hmm

0.0.6 Running good

Turn off the N900 running NiTDriod, power on with keyboard closed, getting to the Multiboot menu? Ain't it supposed to just boot Maemo if keyboard is closed?

No way to select Maemo default (just kernels I dont have) press 0 (Tho it does not show 0 as a option) and then it boots Maemo (Sometimes I have to select 0 a few times :S :P), guessing 0 is some default button that always is Maemo?

And if I turn of the phone running Maemo, it then boots Maemo if I power on with keyboard is closed

And ofc Multiboot if keyboard is open, it always shows Multiboot.

Working as intended?
If you booted Maemo last, it should boot that kernel without going into multiboot. I get the same as you when I had boot NITdroid and reboot (multiboot appears when keyboard is closed). Leaving it 30 seconds should then just boot NITDroid though.

If you want to add Default Maemo as and option in multiboot
Code:
sudo gainroot
cp /etc/multiboot.d/examples/Maemo-2.6.28-omap1.item /etc/multiboot.d

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

The Following User Says Thank You to mornage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gtessier00 View Post
Yeah you should reformat and repartition your microsd! That's what I did and now it's working A1
Insert the microsd in N900, go in file manager, press and hold on memory card then select format. Should do the trick for format. You could also plug N900 in mass storage mode to your pc, and your memory card will appear in My Computer.
Obviously, you won't need to reinstall multiboot. Format your microsd, then start the tutorial of this thread at STEP 4: 4. Next up lets partition that MicroSD: first a bit of background info though
Then do all the rest of the process.
Also, what do you get after the 5 minutes rain drop from matric? Shut down? Or you get a black screen with a white cursor on the upper left? If it shuts down, do what I said (reformat then repartition and reinstall from step 4). If, on the other hand, you get a black screen with a white cursor on the upper left, then do what dj_steve said a couple posts before this one:

Try that, and give me news. Good luck! It should work as it worked for me after a bit of pain in the ***
i'll try and give some feedback
Thanks a lot

Originally Posted by dj_steve View Post
run the following in maemo root xterm:

Code:
mount /dev/mmcblk1p2 /and
cd /and/data
rm -rf *
mkdir logs
chmod 777 logs
cd /
umount /and
reboto and it should be sorted
Hey dj_steve !

I finally got it sorted. It worked with these codes you gave to me. But I had to boot Maemo, charge the battery until it is completely full (I used to use a desktop charger, and for this to work I had to charge directly with the nokia charger) then I wrote these codes in X-Term and now it works! Android boots and works very well

Another question, if you don't mind I have a couple problems with multiboot. If my phone is OFF and I plug it to charge, it turns on and multiboot starts. Is this normal? Also, If it's off, and I turn it, I'll get to the multiboot page. That's okay. But then I select my choice, and whichever I choose (maemo or NITDroid), my phone will shut down. I have to boot again, come back to multiboot screen, then select my choice a second time, and now it will boot!
Do you have any idea? If not, I'll stick to what I'vew got working now, it's so great !!!

Originally Posted by gtessier00 View Post
Hey dj_steve !

I finally got it sorted. It worked with these codes you gave to me. But I had to boot Maemo, charge the battery until it is completely full (I used to use a desktop charger, and for this to work I had to charge directly with the nokia charger) then I wrote these codes in X-Term and now it works! Android boots and works very well

Another question, if you don't mind I have a couple problems with multiboot. If my phone is OFF and I plug it to charge, it turns on and multiboot starts. Is this normal? Also, If it's off, and I turn it, I'll get to the multiboot page. That's okay. But then I select my choice, and whichever I choose (maemo or NITDroid), my phone will shut down. I have to boot again, come back to multiboot screen, then select my choice a second time, and now it will boot!
Do you have any idea? If not, I'll stick to what I'vew got working now, it's so great !!!
I'll investigate the issues about the phone being off this evening and see if it happens to me. will let you know my outcome in the morning.

Multiboot does have a couple issues; when plugged into the charger it and you turn it on, maemo will fail to boot. It'll try to start but fail (not seen this with NITDroid but dont use it very often atm as I am still waiting for internet to arrive) It will also shut down after it first flashes the kernel when not plugged and needs to be manually rebooted before maemo will load.

hi,
how can i format only the android's ext3 partition without the rest fat32?

Why don't you transfer fat32's content to your computer, then format the whole microsd, then repartition, reinstall and put everything back? That is the simplest way!!!

but it takes about an hour to do so. there might be a command....

Originally Posted by external View Post
but it takes about an hour to do so. there might be a command....
This will remove all contents on the ext3 partition (presuming it is partition 2)

[code[mount /dev,mmcblk1p2 /and
cd /and
rm -rf *
umount /and
[/code]

Closed Thread