Notices

Posts: 353 | Thanked: 263 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by efekt View Post
Not working - package dependency problems...
Works fine for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to TNiga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Originally Posted by TNiga View Post
Works fine for me.
Not for me

Not for me

Try installing from x-terminal (rootsh needs to be installed and download .deb to device first):
Code:
sudo gainroot
cd /folder/to/downloaded/deb
dpkg -i milkytracker<TAB>   (clicking tab completes the filename)
Does it give the same error?

Nope... this time it just does that:

Nope... this time it just does that:

Now it's installed and you can launch it by typing "milkytracker" in x-terminal as default user

It seems not to have a menu icon.

You're right! It works!
I'll make an icon for it, no worries... but still, I'd REALLY love Schism/Impulse tracker imported to Maemo - I'm more used to it than to any other tracker...

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Brisbane, Australia
I'm a Schism Tracker user, I've got a N900 and I'm a developer so this thread got my attention...

I downloaded the source code for Schism Tracker with the intent to build it. Turns out is was written for OpenGL 1 so I needed to port it to OpenGL ES 1.1. I don't know anything about OpenGL but I don't seem to have broken it with my porting efforts.

Just for fun, here's some screeenshots of it running.

Not that I'd call it ready yet. For one thing it doesn't seem to support any kind of keyboard input (direct or via VNC) and if you know Impulse/Schism you'd know how useless that makes it. It's a start though and shows that it's possible to get it running.

The Following User Says Thank You to a1291762 For This Useful Post:
Thank you VERY VERY much! I'd really love and appreciate that!

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Brisbane, Australia
The good news is that my build of Schism Tracker can load and play songs (I found the commandline options). The bad news is that I still can't figure out why no key events are happening. They're just not coming out of the SDL event loop so my guess is that X is somehow responsible. Other apps use SDL and get key events so it's probably something simple. My quest continues...

The Following User Says Thank You to a1291762 For This Useful Post:
Again, thank you very much - if I had enough C++ skills (I suppose its written in C++, doesn't it?) I'd have gladly helped you, but I afraid I'm more of a C# developer, with very little spare time in my hands