Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by cyberboy109 View Post
Lol flashing a device isn't a problem my parents let me use there pc.....rite now a desktop/laptop isn't really a huge thing for me rite now if a n900 isn't worth the value and the dell streak is running android ill prob just buy a cheap *** Nokia phone with a decent camera and umid......I really had my heart set on a n900 not becuase it was cool but cause I really liked maemo....if there was still updates for the n800 id be happy but like all technology folk are turning there back on the n8x0 devices.....latly the web browser has become so slow and out dated my n800 is nowbeing used as mp3 player for my flat
I wouldn't bother giving any more money to Nokia (after the crappy support they've given me), but I agree--go buy a phone (a dedicated phone, something that works RELIABLY as a phone) and keep using the N800 as your portable computer. Otherwise, you might as well go with an Android handset--where it works reliably as a phone and browses the Internet FAR FAAAAAR better than the N800 and does SOME computer-like stuff.

I still use my N800, too, but I've gone the Android route and it has been the best thing I've done. Every day, I feel increasingly satisfied that I didn't bother with the upgrades to the N810, N810WE and N900. Those would have been enormous wastes of money, in the end.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
I have a UMID but if you leave the battery in too long (uncharged) it discharges permanently.

Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
I have a UMID but if you leave the battery in too long (uncharged) it discharges permanently.
What kind of UMID? Is it a Nokia Nonsequitor 900?

Dont buy, wait for next one!!. Trust me

lol, Its a pocket pc 5hrs browsing on WIFI:

http://www.umpcportal.com/2009/04/um...1-full-review/

Pretty neat!

lol, Its a pocket pc 5hrs browsing on WIFI:

http://www.umpcportal.com/2009/04/um...1-full-review/

Pretty neat!
Wow.. that's... actually pretty cool! Cargo-pocket sized little computer I could run REAL Ubuntu on--unlike this Maemo/MeeGo hackfest. I'd wonder if the manufacturer's customer supports is better than Nokia's. (Hard to imagine anybody that isn't, lately.)

Umid any good iv heard some mix reviews on it?......pity on the n900 atleast I asked and not bought one

The Following User Says Thank You to cyberboy109 For This Useful Post:
Its 316g so its very light. Great keys for thumb typing.

Only thing for me is that I am lazy as and don't like to connect with a phone as a router so I may put it on ebay soon to get a 3G model or so. You can use it in portrait for ereading and stylus use and its so light that you dont feel it.Viliv n5 is out but has poorer battery life 3 vs 5 hrs. A second hand Vaio P wouldn't be a bad move either.

Having to use a USB adapter to connect peripherals is a bit annoying though.

Last edited by imperiallight; 2010-08-06 at 21:40.

Its 316g so its very light. Great keys for thumb typing.

Only thing for me is that I am lazy as and don't like to connect with a phone as a router so I may put it on ebay soon to get a 3G model or so. You can use it in portrait for ereading and stylus use and its so light that you dont feel it.Viliv n5 is out but has poorer battery life 3 vs 5 hrs. A second hand Vaio P wouldn't be a bad move either.

Having to use a USB adapter to connect peripherals is a bit annoying though.
In light of the Nokia tablets (and crappy phone) fiasco, though... you can say, even with adapters, "at least I can."
How much are you looking to selling it for, by the by?

Not too sure yet, probably about £175 as the battery isn't charging anymore, only runs on mains I have been told on pocketables that I need to try a higher voltage charger to try to get the cells working again. Or buy a replacement for £50