Posts: 148 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Yerevan
There is a kernel rotation support module described at http://wiki.maemo.org/Rotation#N810
It works with Opera for example.
Installation procedure does not suit my needs as I have copied maemo from the internal JFFS to the external flash.
I wonder whether it is possible to get module working without reflashing device. for example by compiling kernel module myself.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
as far as i know you can flash only kernel

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
It is included in the community SSU, which you can find details about here - http://wiki.maemo.org/Diablo_Community_Project. Just click on the link in the "testing" section down towards the bottom of the page

May well be in the Extras repository now anyway.

Just install the CSSU, and you will have rotation.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Last edited by gazza_d; 2010-07-05 at 21:21.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Posts: 154 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by norayr View Post
Installation procedure does not suit my needs as I have copied maemo from the internal JFFS to the external flash.
What is the problem here? Unless you have done something very unusual, it is only the rootfs that you have copied. You must also have modified the initfs to allow booting from the media card. The kernel is separate from the rootfs and the initfs.

You can run the kernel modification to allow rotation. The procedure will not affect your initfs or rootfs (whether internal or external rootfs).