Closed Thread
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
Another question about the installation process of NITDroid. What is to do if running with titans powerkernel, because there are so many different instructions out there ? Uninstall titans and later reinstall? Downloading multiboot-power37.tar.gz? Or should I simply wait for Jay-c's new multiboot? I'm a little bit confused because of these different instructions

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ United Kingdom....for now.
Is there any reason why we have to use the new Multiboot with the new power kernel? Why can't we just use the old version, 0.2.5?

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by bernd View Post
Another question about the installation process of NITDroid. What is to do if running with titans powerkernel, because there are so many different instructions out there ? Uninstall titans and later reinstall? Downloading multiboot-power37.tar.gz? Or should I simply wait for Jay-c's new multiboot? I'm a little bit confused because of these different instructions
There are big issues with the new multiboot and powerkernel. If you stay with 0.2.5 multiboot and power 37, you should have no problems. There is a hack to make it work with the new version but it aint pretty!

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

The Following User Says Thank You to mornage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SimonGie View Post
Is there any reason why we have to use the new Multiboot with the new power kernel? Why can't we just use the old version, 0.2.5?
Stick with old version for now. new multiboot wont work with power kernel correctly. If you want to use new power kernel, you will have to extract the kernel and create and item file for it.

Originally Posted by mornage View Post
There are big issues with the new multiboot and powerkernel. If you stay with 0.2.5 multiboot and power 37, you should have no problems. There is a hack to make it work with the new version but it aint pretty!
I'm trying to go the 0.2.5 way but there's the multiboot-power37.tar.gz file i dont find.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ United Kingdom....for now.
Stick with old version for now. new multiboot wont work with power kernel correctly. If you want to use new power kernel, you will have to extract the kernel and create and item file for it.
That's basically what I'm asking., Is there any real necessity to use the new Multiboot? I'll just create my own .item file and install the kernel and modules manually. I don't want to mess up my quad boot at the moment

Is there a link to the kernel-image and modules, or do I need to extract it from a deb file?

Originally Posted by bernd View Post
I'm trying to go the 0.2.5 way but there's the multiboot-power37.tar.gz file i dont find.
It has been removed from the server. However, I just so happen to have a copy.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IVBBY5G0

Edit: URL has changed due to me messing around and deleting the original upload.

Last edited by mornage; 2010-08-12 at 11:35.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mornage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SimonGie View Post
That's basically what I'm asking., Is there any real necessity to use the new Multiboot? I'll just create my own .item file and install the kernel and modules manually. I don't want to mess up my quad boot at the moment

Is there a link to the kernel-image and modules, or do I need to extract it from a deb file?
No reason to use the new version, in fact it has been recalled due to the power-kernel issues.

you will need to extract the modules manually from the bed though.

It has been removed from the server. However, I just so happen to have a copy.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IVBBY5G0

Edit: URL has changed due to me messing around and deleting the original upload.
I'm feeling like a little Child on Christmas eve, when I think of running NITDroid in a few minutes

Ok so ... the only kernel that boot is the default kernel. powerkernel makes a reboot and nitdroid starts also to boot and crashes... need a little help

I followed the instructions on http://forum.nitdroid.com

with following packages:
multiboot-extras_0.1_armel.deb
multiboot_0.2.5_armel.deb
nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-05_final1_armel.deb
NITDroid-N900-the-flying-world.tbz2

and
the powerkernel

Last edited by bernd; 2010-08-12 at 12:51.

Closed Thread