Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
My phones being weird.

90% of the time when I turn it on, it appears to boot up, but the screen remains black, on the odd occasion I can see the Nokia logo, the phone boots up to the lock code/PIN code entry screen but after a couple of seconds of reaching my desktop, the screen goes black again.

Another thing, when you power on the phone it vibrates for a brief seconds, right? But it's not doing that any more, the white light comes on but no vibrate.

It was working fine this morning, the battery died at an almost full charge later in the day which I thought was strange but just put down to another one of the N900s features.

I've tried reflashing the rootfs, but this hasn't helped.
I would put it down the a brightness issue in the settings but that wouldn't explain why I can see the Nokia logo 10% of the time when it boots and the lock code screen.

Any tips?

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Are you sure there isn't anything wrong in your battery? My N900 acts just like that if its low on battery (after it has automatically shutted itself down).

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
No the phones fully charged, plus I can touch the screen and it responds to the touch with a vibrate, but obviously I can't see anything.

I also had this happen to me. I have a number of batteries though. If you use more than one battery you could end up with it showing full charge but being almost empty. I think my vibrate has stopped too I'll give it a check now.

edit: nope still vibrates on power up. do you have vibrate ticked in your profile menu?

Last edited by Cue; 2010-08-14 at 00:24.