Posts: 323 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Southern Oregon Coast
any augen owners have any new info/feedback on this device? I am very interested.

I'm using one now, because I need a PDF reader for work. Other guys are using iPads, but they have larger budgets than I do, and I just can't justify it.

Every time I get frustrated with something, I say to myself, "It costs 1/3 as much of an iPad, and it's 1/2 as good. I'm still coming out ahead."

I like it. But I won't encourage any of my co-workers to buy it.

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by coosbaytv View Post
any augen owners have any new info/feedback on this device? I am very interested.
I bought one just because I am desperate for an updated resistive screen and stylus tablet. Had to return it - cheap toy.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Brasilia, Brazil
Originally Posted by Descalzo View Post
I'm using one now, because I need a PDF reader for work. Other guys are using iPads, but they have larger budgets than I do, and I just can't justify it.

Every time I get frustrated with something, I say to myself, "It costs 1/3 as much of an iPad, and it's 1/2 as good. I'm still coming out ahead."

I like it. But I won't encourage any of my co-workers to buy it.
I got my eyes on one of these Archos babies coming out next month.
The 10.1-incher is half the price of the iPad and bests it in every way possible =)

After rooting, installing SetCPU, and running a memory manager (also after the firmware update), it's a completely new machine.

But I'm thinking I'm going to take it back. That Archos 10 looks better. I'm thinking of trying out an Archos 9 and throwing XP on it, but apparently it has some issues with wifi/bluetooth.

Also looking at a Viliv 7-inch machine. A guy at work got one of those and uses it all the time. They tease him that the keyboard is twice as big as the computer. He hooks it to his 21-inch screen.