Active Topics

I imagine the deal will be back once they get more phones in stock.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'm watching to see what will happen... part of me thinks that this will be the last we'll see of the N900 on NokiaUSA.com.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
They better have enough to replace any broken N900s. =P

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
OH MY GOD, everybody panic!!!

Daydreaming of what Nokia is thinking with this discount. In a large conference room the dialogue ensues for exactly 2 minute, "All they do is complain", a moment of silence, then suddenly "hmm well you know the easiest way to show them that we don't care is to sell their darling, the phone many of them waited months for in order to pay full price on down to a fraction of the original - it might hurt our bottom line a fraction of a fraction of a percent and think of how many of them will finally understand", with understanding another Nokia exec. speaks "We don't want to give them the impression that we care about their needs, they've already bought the phone, we are done.", "yes, this discount will make it clear as day that we aren't interested in providing support for their device, and more importantly we never did." The scene ends with a bit of laughter, and the next point in the weekly meeting is announced.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to happymonkey For This Useful Post:
Aaaand... end scene. That's a wrap. BEAUTIFUL, happymonkey. Well done!

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
OH MY GOD, everybody panic!!!
Okay... so you don't own a N900, you're more than glad you never invested in one, and you're apparently quite happy with your Motorola.

I'm just curious to know why you squat in so many N900 threads with often subjective and off-topic running commentary. Don't the Motorola forums keep you occupied pushing their devices forward?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Rotter For This Useful Post:
manager #1: the masses at maemo.org are starting to riote.
manager #2: we must kill them all !
manager #1: we can't. there are to many. we must surrender the source.
big manager: surrender ? never ! we shall drown that forum with so many fools the flame wars will ensue forever !
manager #1: but how do we bait so many fools ?
big manager: haven't you learned anything in marketing ?! rebates, people ! rebates !

The Following User Says Thank You to giladmttw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by The Rotter View Post
Okay... so you don't own a N900, you're more than glad you never invested in one, and you're apparently quite happy with your Motorola.

I'm just curious to know why you squat in so many N900 threads with often subjective and off-topic running commentary. Don't the Motorola forums keep you occupied pushing their devices forward?
I'm sitting around, on my N800... still waiting for that whiz-bang moment when SOMETHING justifies buying an N900 (or whatever new thing Nokia, or not ANY MeeGo manufacturer) releases that satisfied my needs for a pocket-sized Linux computer. The Motorola Droid is my phone, not my little computer--although it's surprised me quite a bit, but I don't trust it'll ever fully replace what I had in my N800. What's your excuse?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
By the bye, if anyone's still watching for the deal, I talked with 3 NokiaUSA salespeople yesterday and got three different answers. The first said, we have no idea if we'll get more stock. The second said, check this evening and in the morning. The third said to watch for more stock to come in this week, but not tomorrow...
In the interim, the N900 page on NokiaUSA went from showing the N900 as out of stock to in stock, with the button to buy the device removed, and then in the evening (EST) disappeared entirely, and the phone was removed from the list of phones on the NokiaUSA page. (I then called the third NokiaUSA salesperson, who said they would get more in stock this week.)

Sigh.

Cheers,
Jon

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonathandueck For This Useful Post: