Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I (hope I'm right saying I) know there's no way to apply any settings to the TV-out signal other than NTSC/PAL in the standard OS GUI.

But is it technically possible to play with this signal at all? Or is it all hard wired in the chips?

One might, for example, want to stretch the signal to get rid of black borders... Or maybe decrease color saturation.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
hi benny,

seems to be possible somehow. media player does when playing videos full screen. hope i could help.

I have different problem.
N900 does not recognize my myvu glasses and therefore does not enable video out.
But if I connect N900 to tv (cabel first to tv and then to N900) and then remove cabel from tv and connect to myvu glasses, I have picture & sound in myvu glasses.
I would be great to have some kinde of enable "TV out" setting somewhere.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Vancouver, BC
Originally Posted by nux View Post
I have different problem.
N900 does not recognize my myvu glasses and therefore does not enable video out.
But if I connect N900 to tv (cabel first to tv and then to N900) and then remove cabel from tv and connect to myvu glasses, I have picture & sound in myvu glasses.
I would be great to have some kinde of enable "TV out" setting somewhere.
Sorry about resurrecting a dead thread. However, since I kept on finding this post everytime I searched for "n900" and "myvu", I"m just going to leave one potential solution here.

I managed to get the n900 to automatically detect the myvu's presence by putting a 82ohm resistor across the ground and signal. There's some talk about using a different value here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=45408 For me, the detection only seems to happen when I plug the tv-out cable into the n900. So performing the connections in reverse order fails.

I have a suspicion that the n900 autodetects the isolating transformer that the tv uses for the incoming signal. Don't quote me on that though.

Regarding the OP - I believe you're in for a pretty interesting ride if you want to stretch the borders I'm not even sure how to do it, however, I think the place to start looking is not the part that drives the tv-out signal but figuring out how the n900's framebuffer is setup.

The Following User Says Thank You to aki For This Useful Post: