Originally Posted by Plendix View Post
But what about
http://www.aavamobile.com/specs.php

I dont know much about this and really dont understand it either but I think it can play WOW
Aavamobile only makes prototype devices for hardware development.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

right now my N900 does a perfect job... i wait for N910 or something... im actually considering the new N8 but i dont know... i love my n900 right now anyways...

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
something thin (but with physical keyboard) !
N900 is awesome, but damn it's bulky and looks dated!

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
You lot are all dreaming if you think Nokia will produce something better than the N900 because for me the next mobile computer will be a MODIFIED N900 !!!.

This mobile has brilliant potential yet to be unleashed.... watch this space !!!.

Hi all,

I have to say that I'm amazed to hear from users that they feel the n900 is a "perfect" device and there is no better alternative phone.

I'm all for respecting people opinions, however It really makes me wonder what these people are using their phone for and whether they really have taken the time to investigate other options out there.

I have a n900 and i love it, sadly i broke my screen a few days ago and am worried that it would take months to have it replaced (carphone warehouse quoted me anything between 14 days and 6 weeks!!)

I cant be without a phone for this long, so naturally i started to look for a possible replacement. I considered getting a new n900, however decided against it, as I dont think I'm prepared to invest another 500 uk pounds in a new n900 now that its clear nokia is not longer supporting the device. (if anyone can actually give me proof that pr 1.3 will be made available for the n900 i would love to see it.) Meego will be interesting, however i think its clear that its not for the n900 and therefore will probably be worse than maemo pr1.2,

I looked at a variety of android devices and I also looked at the dreaded iPhone 4. I have to say (reluctantly) I was very impressed with the competition especially the samsung galaxy s and the iphone 4. Some of the features integrated into these phone is very impressive and way beyond what the n900 is capably of doing.

Like i said before, I love my n900, however never in a million years would i say it comes close to being "perfect" phone.

Lets be honest here, its still full of bugs, its lacks many basic features, it has less than stellar battery power and probably most importantly, it is not longer being supported.

I'm not a power user, i'm not a programmer, i dont need get have root access to a phone, i just need a phone that will ideally allow me to travel without the need of my laptop, (i.e. access to emails, ability to open up ms office docs, type long emails if necessary etc....

Even from my basic list, i think the n900 is a very good contender and in some cases it is the best phone out there. However in many areas it is a bit of a disaster.

Email app is terrible, people say use claws, well ok, however claws its really not that much better. the buttons are tiny and its not very easy to use (especially without a stylus).

Basic functions like copying text from an email are not possible on the n900, rotation control is a joke when compared with both android and iphone. Everyone says the n900 web browser is the best, however the iphone 4's is also pretty good and does a lot better job at portrait viewing. In fact i'd go as far to say that the ip4's browser is as good as my n900's.

I'm the 1st to admit the n900 is a great phone and i probably only use its most basic features, however to call it perfect and the best device out there is surely a long shot.

My next phone (if i cant get my screen fixed) will be an ip4. I'm actually buying 2 of them, one for me and one to sell (where i live they are not available) in order to off set the cost of mine : )

Cheers,

Paddy

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to paddycochrane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by paddycochrane View Post
Hi all,

I have to say that I'm amazed to hear from users that they feel the n900 is a "perfect" device and there is no better alternative phone.

I'm all for respecting people opinions, however It really makes me wonder what these people are using their phone for and whether they really have taken the time to investigate other options out there.

I have a n900 and i love it, sadly i broke my screen a few days ago and am worried that it would take months to have it replaced (carphone warehouse quoted me anything between 14 days and 6 weeks!!)

I cant be without a phone for this long, so naturally i started to look for a possible replacement. I considered getting a new n900, however decided against it, as I dont think I'm prepared to invest another 500 uk pounds in a new n900 now that its clear nokia is not longer supporting the device. (if anyone can actually give me proof that pr 1.3 will be made available for the n900 i would love to see it.) Meego will be interesting, however i think its clear that its not for the n900 and therefore will probably be worse than maemo pr1.2,

I looked at a variety of android devices and I also looked at the dreaded iPhone 4. I have to say (reluctantly) I was very impressed with the competition especially the samsung galaxy s and the iphone 4. Some of the features integrated into these phone is very impressive and way beyond what the n900 is capably of doing.

Like i said before, I love my n900, however never in a million years would i say it comes close to being "perfect" phone.

Lets be honest here, its still full of bugs, its lacks many basic features, it has less than stellar battery power and probably most importantly, it is not longer being supported.

I'm not a power user, i'm not a programmer, i dont need get have root access to a phone, i just need a phone that will ideally allow me to travel without the need of my laptop, (i.e. access to emails, ability to open up ms office docs, type long emails if necessary etc....

Even from my basic list, i think the n900 is a very good contender and in some cases it is the best phone out there. However in many areas it is a bit of a disaster.

Email app is terrible, people say use claws, well ok, however claws its really not that much better. the buttons are tiny and its not very easy to use (especially without a stylus).

Basic functions like copying text from an email are not possible on the n900, rotation control is a joke when compared with both android and iphone. Everyone says the n900 web browser is the best, however the iphone 4's is also pretty good and does a lot better job at portrait viewing. In fact i'd go as far to say that the ip4's browser is as good as my n900's.

I'm the 1st to admit the n900 is a great phone and i probably only use its most basic features, however to call it perfect and the best device out there is surely a long shot.

My next phone (if i cant get my screen fixed) will be an ip4. I'm actually buying 2 of them, one for me and one to sell (where i live they are not available) in order to off set the cost of mine : )

Cheers,

Paddy
Im w u Paddy!!!

definitely waiting for meego device. Something with that omap 3600 series very fast processor, physical keyboard, lesser in weight then n900 thats what is mine next. Loving n900, but nokia 1100 (the best cell phone in the world ever ) is the backup hehe in case something bad happens to n900 ..

The Following User Says Thank You to abubakar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Iphone 4 that is!! I'm on the same truck as you Paddy!

Fooled me once, shamed on me!
Fooled me twice, shamed on me again!
Fool me once more? I don't think so! Shame on you Nokia!!

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Iphone 4 that is!! I'm on the same truck as you Paddy!

Fooled me once, shamed on me!
Fooled me twice, shamed on me again!
Fool me once more? I don't think so! Shame on you Nokia!!

LMAO! a little sad though... happened to me too

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2010 @ U.K ,Reading
Originally Posted by CYPHERC View Post
LMAO! a little sad though... happened to me too
happend to me to. . . . . i want a iPhone 4 so bad but im going to wait and see what nokia has cooking up for meego cause meego looks very cool