Closed Thread
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
So... a whole bunch of pages later and not one link to some definitive statement either way?

I'm starting to think you people enjoy the FUD. Otherwise, you'd stop it in its tracks post haste.
Who is "you people"? Are they part of the "us" that's separate from the "community"?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Johnel, I respect you; however I have to disagree here. Proof has yet to be delivered on both sides. To end this thread properly would require proper information.

That's the best way to settle with somebody slinging FUD is to show definitive proof otherwise. And closing this thread, he'll pop up more... a FUD hydra basically.
Unfortunately it is far more difficult to provide proof of a positive. All FUD slingers need do is produce a claim - any claim and the job of FUD is done.
To disprove it is difficult because in most cases a company does not provide a specific response to a FUD claim.

For example. All future Android releases after froyo will not provide the source tree to the public. Technically to dispute that FUD you would need a statement from Google saying it was untrue and that future releases would be opensource.

As I said much harder to disprove a negative.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Who is "you people"? Are they part of the "us" that's separate from the "community"?
You people = you people in the know

Have links, prove him wrong. It's that simple.

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2010 @ U.K ,Reading
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
SO now you should be able to realise why for me at least the future of the N900 IS important as i have given away some of my own secrets

Please no more war or flaming or name calling let us stick to the issue.
loooooooooooool

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Unfortunately it is far more difficult to provide proof of a positive. All FUD slingers need do is produce a claim - any claim and the job of FUD is done.
To disprove it is difficult because in most cases a company does not provide a specific response to a FUD claim.
I agree 100% that the argument against baseless claims is indeed difficult.

Then... where are the people that believe more is coming getting their information from?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
This is such a pointless thread.

The community will contribute to and improve the N900 ecosystem organically, a day at a time. The only thing that can be done now is to ensure that there are tools and infrastructure.

abill, if you want to contribute to the discussion in a *meaningful* way, start making a list of specific areas where you find Maemo 5 and its ecosystem to be lacking. No vitriol, just specific technical details. That way, when someone comes along and wants to contribute (say, a GSoC student), there's a place to start. FLOSS development is not about rallying the troops like a middle manager, it's about leading by example.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jacktanner For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
A troll if ever there was one...

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Abill_Uk
Is your N900 laggy? is the UI transition laggy? If it is then I'll send you mine. I've customised my own transition and it's bloody quick it feels like it lol. But I wiped my N900 just to start from fresh and to clean out all the buggy apps.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
By the way YSSSS i bloodywell Will ASK THIS COMMUNITY TO HELP simply because there is no better place on this earth for great expertise than on this very community (argue with THAT!).
Here's a link to what I've referenced in my post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB6hLg3PRbY#t=4m01s

Here's another shocker:

If you want to ***** and moan to Nokia due to their sub-par support and execution of N900 (in the commercial sense), then I'm with you on that.

But, if you relegate Nokia's part of the bargain and put its full weight on the community, then that's where we part ways. "The community" (that is to say 'we'), are not directly responsible for N900's success or its long term sustainability as a product.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
You people = you people in the know

Have links, prove him wrong. It's that simple.
I still don't know who those people are, other than Nokia employees. Who aren't talking.

Closed Thread

Tags
blablabla bla, check offenders, community v us, lost dummy, reggie please, show-me-proof, shutupabillpls, wheres-reggie