Notices

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by dchky View Post
To add 30 songs in this way would take me a minute or two per song at the very least since I'd have to clear the current playlist each time.
I agree that the current implementation of the playlist creation is too slow. If I compare it to Listenial for the iPhone, I see one big difference that makes it faster:

The plus and the minus signs at the side of each song. That would make it much faster - instead you have to wait 2 seconds on the N900 for the drop down menu to add or remove a song to/from the playlist.

But you cannot simply add a plus or minus sign to the media player.

@Nokia: PUBLISH THE SOURCE CODE OF THE MEDIAPLAYER !

By the way, Listenial costs 3$ in Apples Appstore !!!
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/liste...347874311?mt=8

Apple knows how to make money ...

Maybe, I should work for $Apple$ ...

Just kidding .

But I also don't like Nokias closed source components.

Just found a little tutorial on Youtube about the playlist creation:

Nokia N900: How to create playlists in the music player application

Although it does not make it more usable ...

Originally Posted by TorstenT View Post
First read:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=22

Then post a clear specification for an alternative playlist editor.

P.S. I won't accept the term "intuitive interface" as a specification .
Its fairly easy to create a rather better way of doing things. All Nokia should change is instead of "add to current playlist" when you long click on a song, is change it to "add to playlist" you then get to select the existing playlists or create a new one". At the moment you can only create 1 playlist at a time, and not add ANYTHING once the playlist has been created - how amazingly counter intuitive.

This would be pathetically easy for Nokia to have implemented. For it not to have been after all this time shows what lack of thought Nokia put in to Maemo 5.

THIS functionality would transform the N900 in my eyes - this or the ability to sync playlists to the Nokia music application.

Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
Its fairly easy to create a rather better way of doing things.
I'm a software developer and I can tell you that it's not easy. Each software project should start with a specification - even small software projects like a playlist editor. The requirement "better" cannot be measured and it needs to be defined what is good. Many people have many different interests.

What you can measure is how fast you can add a song to a certain playlist.

Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
All Nokia should change is instead of "add to current playlist" when you long click on a song, is change it to "add to playlist" you then get to select the existing playlists or create a new one".
I think the biggest problem is the time you have to wait for the drop down menu to add a song.

To configure a certain playlist before you add the song would be a nice feature too.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
This problem is already solved. Enter QPlayList, a playlist editor.