Active Topics

Poll: Do you have this bug?
Poll Options
Do you have this bug?

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
Are you insinuating that Skype video calling is not available in the current PR1.2 version?

You might want to double check that.
He's referring to 3G video calling, as in phone to phone 3G calls, not skype ones.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Hi guys

I'm really new at this so I'm not an expert at all and may not understand all the things but I think I've followed every single step. The problem is that either I've done something wrong...or MohammadAG advice didn't work for me.

So I've installed rootsh,
downloaded http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/public/...+0m5_armel.deb
the file is in MyDocs I assume(the one where there the subfolders are Audio clips,Camera,Document,etc)
then I've typed in the Xterminal the codes
sudo gainroot and dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/hildon-desktop_2.2.138-1+0m5_armel.deb

and what i get is this:

BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-losso30+0m5) built-in shell(ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/home/user # dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/hildon-desktop_2.2.138-1+0m5_armel.deb
(Reading database ... 3705 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing ti replace hildon-desktop 1:2.2.138-1+0m5 (using .../hildon-desktop_2.2.138-1+0m5_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement hildon-desktop ...
Setting up hildon-desktop (1:2.2.138-1+om5) ...
gconftool-2: I've been haxored to use xml::/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults as the config source.
Resolved adress "xml::/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults" to a writable configuration source position 0
Attached schema `/schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views/current' to key `/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views/current'
Installed schema `/schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views/current' for locale `C'
Attached schema ``/schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views/active' to key `/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views/active'
Installed schema `/schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views/active' for locale `C'
Attached schema `/schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/disable_phone_gesture' to key `/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/disable_phone_gesture'
Installed schema `/schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/disable_phone_gesture' for locale `C'
Attached schema `/schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/adressbook_dbus_interface' to key `/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/adressbook_dbus_interface'
Installed schema `/schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/adressbook_dbus_interface' for locale `C'
Attached schema `/schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/callui_dbus_interface' to key `/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/callui_dbus_interface'
Installed schema /schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/callui_dbus_interface' for locale `C'
/home/user #

Please help!
I still have to wait for 10 seconds to answer my call.

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
When's the last time you rebooted? It seems that a weekly reboot is required to prevent the lag. There's also some scripts floating around that have a similar purpose.

Originally Posted by wmurpht View Post
when i am browsing and i get an incoming call i frequently miss it because it takes so long for the phone screen to show up that the call has already went to voicemail.
Frank

The proper way to do this is to file a bug report.

It would be wise to add it to the first post in case you've already done so.

I Experience glitches too but dute to the answer/reject buttons, here's my bug report: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10975

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ecuador
Originally Posted by Frank Banul View Post
When's the last time you rebooted? It seems that a weekly reboot is required to prevent the lag. There's also some scripts floating around that have a similar purpose.

Frank
Hello
I have the same problem, while on the internet or just msn, noted as one tries to stop the internet service because it is ringing but this is not displayed, then I introduced the missed call message, and tested and so, give tone to the call and the call simply do not enter.
I and restarted, as shown and believe me is not the solution and as I have read is not good to do all the time, I flashed completely left as the factory and still gives me that problem.

Sorry for my English ..

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Hey guys!

There is actually a fix to this problem, thanks to MohammadAG.
Just download his fixed Hildon Desktop from this thread and install the .deb file with dpkg. (rootsh is needed.) Detailed instructions in that thread.

After installing, the glitch will be gone for good!

Also don't forget to hit the Thanks! button for MohammadAG to encourage him further developing his stuff!

The Following User Says Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ New York, NY
I found this "duplicate" bug report ( https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10613 ) more helpful than the one above since more people have voted for it and comment #20 states that the issue has been resolved internally and that it will be fixed in the next public update (pr1.3?)
/
What does MohammadAG/s fix do exactly?

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ecuador
Thanks!
Whit the hildon-desktop de MohammadAG , just solved the problem I had..

I have this problem to really annoying, and sometimes this problem is even worse. When I fast click on answer button everything goes to start screen and i have to click on call button so I can see the answer button who is calling. And sometimes It goes directly to send message when I click on answer. So its lot of glitches anyone else has the other 2 problems?

I run MohammadAg fix and it seems to work but will test it out for couple of days.