Active Topics

Originally Posted by okhabin View Post
ughh... Nokia's problem is that they make a new device, and completely forget about their previous device, which was their flagship, high-end Nseries..

when apple, they offer complete upgrades for free.. whenever they make a new OS. (iOS, all of previous iPhone can upgrade to newer version for free.)

N900! was Nokia's flagship!! they forget this too easily.

I still can remember my day getting the package from UPS guy from newegg pre-order. it sure was great.
uhm..not sure you know what youre talking about. are you seriously saying that the "upgrade" that apple offers to owners of old iphones is a good thing? id say, with all due respect, wake up and smell the coffee; its not like your older versions are anywhere close to functional after upgrade. as for the flagship comment, im fairly certain i never heard any nokia official mention n900 and flagship in the same sentence; the n900 is a tablet, an experimental device and i love mine for that very reason. if i was looking for proprietary design i would look elsewhere.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Syrah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
P1: It's a PHONE!
P2: No, it's a COMPUTER!
P1: It's a PHONE!!
P2: It's a COMPUTER!!
P3: It's a tablet.
P1 & P2: STAY OUT OF THIS!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
At Nokia Finland it's still €489.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Nokia UK: N900 Page

The N900 has never been a Nokia Flagship device, just an expensive one! The flagship was the N97.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fargus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Syrah View Post
uhm..not sure you know what youre talking about. are you seriously saying that the "upgrade" that apple offers to owners of old iphones is a good thing? id say, with all due respect, wake up and smell the coffee; its not like your older versions are anywhere close to functional after upgrade. as for the flagship comment, im fairly certain i never heard any nokia official mention n900 and flagship in the same sentence; the n900 is a tablet, an experimental device and i love mine for that very reason. if i was looking for proprietary design i would look elsewhere.
Are you saying no update is better than a partial update? Also, the 2g and 3g iphones are old enough that most people would have moved on to the 3gs and 4, both of with have complete compatibility with iOS 4. Yes, Apple is enforcing some artificial limits in updates for older devices. However, they still have far better long term device support that pretty much every other mobile device manufacturer.

Of course, that's more an example of how pathetic the mobile industry is, rather than a feather in Apple's cap.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toronto, Canada
Originally Posted by TheTree View Post
Are you saying no update is better than a partial update? Also, the 2g and 3g iphones are old enough that most people would have moved on to the 3gs and 4, both of with have complete compatibility with iOS 4. Yes, Apple is enforcing some artificial limits in updates for older devices. However, they still have far better long term device support that pretty much every other mobile device manufacturer.

Of course, that's more an example of how pathetic the mobile industry is, rather than a feather in Apple's cap.
iPhone 4 was a nice upgrade to the iPhone 3Gs, which was a nice upgrade to the iPhone 2G. It was a logical progression. Whoever liked the 2G was definitely going to like the 3Gs and even more so the 4.

The problem with Nokia is that it feels like they completely gave up on Maemo and the N900. That's the end of the line for it.

It's not dead yet, I can see it here where the OP can't.

The Following User Says Thank You to giladmttw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by giladmttw View Post
It's not dead yet, I can see it here where the OP can't.
It was dead for a few days. It just came back earlier today.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheTree For This Useful Post:
it is still nokia us $479 stop the missing leading info

Originally Posted by ajflex View Post
it is still nokia us $479 stop the missing leading info
What misleading info?

Tags
n900?, where-r-u?