Originally Posted by Pigro View Post
Where is the 'despair' emoticon?
Here it is:

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Ykho View Post
you dont think saying the same thing 6 times is a bit repetitive...
I do. handra_bta, I've deleted your duplicate posts. Do not create more.

Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by iDont View Post
I've found a very interesting project today: JITB.

As the thread title says, it is a Java based flash player. According to the blog post, it currently renders a subset of ActionScript at almost native Java speed.

Basically, the goal of this project allows all java-supporting devices (phones, desktops, etc) to run flash files. They even explicitly mention Android as a target for this project.

Please note this project is far from finished; the whole flash API has yet to be implemented, so don't get all overexcited yes
Interesting & good idea. Can it be compiled to native code? (as the GNU GCJ is able to compile Java to native code).

Even with good Java performance it will be difficult or impossible to get good Flash 10-compatible video performance without DSP drivers for the appropriate set of codecs.

Now that Gecko, Webkit etc. look like getting javascript OpenGL in the form of WebGL, I wonder if implementing Flash in Javascript isn't the way forward

The GNU Gnash project has been attempting to catch up with Flash for years, as have the predecessors to Gnash, and it still has a long way to go.

So I won't hold my breath waiting for JITB to catch up.

This is just another reason why I will be leaving Nokia for something running Android or WinMo7, hell the way Nokia have handled the N900 I'd switch to an iPhone before I went for another Nokia. For too long Nokia have been relying on this huge market share they had to keep them on top, they have grown complacent and times have changed, Nokia are not changing with them. They can buy who and what they like it will not save them. I love my N900 really I do but if I could turn back the clock I would and get something different.

I've asked it before, in another thread, but didn't get a real answer so I'll ask again here:

Could someone give me a list of flash websites that actually *require* flash 10 to run (as in not working after setting Flash version to 10 using this tool: http://www.nokian900applications.com...or-nokia-n900/ )?

The only app I know of that I can't use on my N900 is street view, and I can live with that. So I don't get what all the fuzz is about. (On the contrary I'm actually positively surprised as to how stable flash runs on the N900.) Can someone enlighten me?

i think the main fear is, that there will be used more and more flash 10.1 in future and those sites (when using new features) won't work even with a tweaked version. (just imagine the trouble youtube only allowing flash 10.1)

AND there is a big disappointment about nokia itself and the "support" for the n900

(yes i'm not native speaker )

So, to get this straight: there is actually no problem right now. Some people here are riled up because of potential future incompatibility issues??

And this was me thinking I'm missing out on some incredible Flash 10 super apps I could be using on my workstation

BTW, anyone posted this link yet of Flash 10.1 final running on the N900 (NITDroid): http://zomgitscj.com/2010/08/24/maem...inal-released/

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
Could not find it now, but yes

Last edited by H3llb0und; 2010-08-25 at 07:38.

Originally Posted by nephridium View Post
So, to get this straight: there is actually no problem right now. Some people here are riled up because of potential future incompatibility issues??

And this was me thinking I'm missing out on some incredible Flash 10 super apps I could be using on my workstation
Most likely large sites like YouTube will be using Flash 10.1 specific features in the near future...

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Bec View Post
D'uh, not quite...
There still is MeeGo with community support if that does it for you...

Bit misinformed on the matter for a greeter I''d say...
Yes, in other words, Nokia in effect will be blackmailing us to move to MeeGo for our N900s to stay relevant.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update