Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Serbia
Thanks for all the positive responses! Here are some replies:

Originally Posted by nikolajhendel View Post
1: volume, track bar are inversed in normal and flip mode. In normal mode the bars gets more white as the track plays (and more white = higher volume), but in flip mode this is inverted.
This is actually an OS feature, and out of my application's control. You can try it with other portrait mode applications, for example in WifiEye the same happens when it is in portrait mode.

Originally Posted by nikolajhendel View Post
Combine Flip UI landscape with normal portrait mode.
I really like the setup where all track controls + reordering is showing. With the two current modes you get either portrait or landscape where all controls are showing.
This is something I was actually contemplating, but didn't bother to implement. Thanks, it's a really good idea though and I'll surely add it in the next version.

Originally Posted by jerryfreak View Post
can this play FLAC and ogg gaplessly? if not, id like to please add that as a feature request!
Flac and ogg should be supported, and the backend is already configured for gapless playback. Please try it and let me know if it works or not.

Originally Posted by neboja View Post
I have some ideas about the design: first the buttons for play pause and rest, they could be bigger, and the button for play / pause, previous track and next track, stop, would be good to be separated from the other buttons
Thanks for your suggestions, I'll try something like this. I'm a very untalented designer, so if anyone is willing to design some nice looking buttons, then let me know!

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
Thanks for your suggestions, I'll try something like this. I'm a very untalented designer, so if anyone is willing to design some nice looking buttons, then let me know!
the UI is very good, and all it need is some adjustments (in a form of scaled and sized buttons etc... nevertheless, there is a few bugs in UI, but you will fix it, it is obvious
but i wanted to suggest one thing for you: COULD you make the the UI to be skinnable??? for example: make a folder that will store a pics for UI, and let users put there own (for buttons, sliders, etc...) ??? (just a thought)

The Following User Says Thank You to neboja For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
oh yes... the icon for the app is pretty crappy! xD (sorry, but it is )
change it! it would be better if it is a symbol for play, rather the symbol for recording (witch is not a main function of your app)
best regards

The Following User Says Thank You to neboja For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
One suggestion for the buttons: Don't use circle buttons, but make the shape of the buttons represent their function (i.e. a triangle for the play button, etc..) - this way, the buttons are easier to recognize, right now, people see "a bunch of circles" and then have to look at each one of them to parse their image.

Maybe you just want to remove the "button" background for each shape altogether and make the shapes just bigger, much like the built-in media player.

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Subotica, Serbia
Thanks for this great player.

It plays everything I need, except one thing. My favourite web radio. I like to listen to di.fm which uses playlists as stream, like http://listen.di.fm/public2/classiceurodance.pls
Please add support for playlists in url.

Also in options when the TomAmp is started, enabled columns checkboxes are empty, so you must select them before closing options. If you leave it as is all columns disappear. On subsequent entries to options the proper checkboxes are selected.

The Following User Says Thank You to mmlado For This Useful Post:
Thanks so much for this app...this is the first player for n900 that works exactly how I want!

Bug: Long-press menu doesn't work for last item in playlist.

Suggestion: better layout in Add File selection box...current horizontal scrolling list is really clunky. Also, multi-select in Add File and Add Folder screens would be sweet.

Thanks again!

The Following User Says Thank You to nman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
to improve design, and i don't mean change UI but just make the elements better looking i would suggest you to ask the guy who made new design for grr (there is thread somewhere), i think he is pretty good at that.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
Wish list:
Stop playing whenpulling the headphone jack (and headphone daemon is installed). The app stops the built in music player, so not sure whether you can "catch" that signal, or the person who created the daemon has to change something at his end...

The Following User Says Thank You to nikolajhendel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Serbia
Thanks everybody for the bug reports and feature requests/suggestions, it's very helpful and motivating!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TMarki For This Useful Post:
thanks again for this marvelous app... may I suggest something? i found the enqueue button a little"small", is it possible to map it also to a keyboard shortcut? ty