Hope WCDMA bands are same as N8.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
An Iphone 4, pretty much using Li-Po 1420mAh, 137 g in total weight (Stainless steel + glass), 115.2 x 58.6 x 9.3 mm dimension.

If Apple can do it then why can't Nokia try to do the same? Shrink everything and start using MicroSim, slim down the battery but make it wider flatter, slimming down the keyboard hardware to use thinner matterial.

I am sure that it will be at least 30% slimmer than N900.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Southern California
Yeah, looks like the BP-4L could fit if whatever is in the way could be moved down into the "stylus silo" if not just adding a couple mm

I mean the N900 is already a brick..

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Something like this is sexy:
Attached Images

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Dalton, GA.-30720. USA
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
Hope WCDMA bands are same as N8.
I hope so too. I really need this device to work on T-Mobile's 3g. BIGGEST WIN if it does.

Originally Posted by ganglet View Post
I hope so too. I really need this device to work on T-Mobile's 3g. BIGGEST WIN if it does.
yeah really dont wanna pay $15 more for 2G (not even 2.5G) where I work and live ( no carrier has 3G).
But this time I will be buying it after going through mameo.org gazillion thread of actual users and what they hate about it. Not gonna jump so soon as I did with N900.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
There was always no chance of Nokia's first MeeGo device running on Moorestown chip b/c the device was created even before MeeGo existed, its not even really MeeGo its Maemo 6 made MeeGo compatible, device after that should be real MeeGo but i Don't expect that to be moorestown device either b/c its too early as hardware would of already been decided.
i expect Moorestown to come at some stage just hope intel have improved power efficency by bucket loads otherwise i hope you'll be happy with 4 hours of battery life lol
Moorestown is already obsolete for anyone designing new hardware now. Intel already have the Moorestown successor, Oak Trail, sampling to Taiwanese hardware manufacturers and these devices should become available in Q1 2011. If Nokia were to subsequently launch a Moorestown-based product they'd be ridiculed.

Moorestown is simply not a good mobile device platform in terms of battery consumption or performance and the expectation is that Oak Trail will be better (but still inferior to a good dual-core ARM solution).

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
The e71 is the smallest Nokia smartphone (thinnest) and it has the biggest size battery. No big deal. It doesn't need it, but nobody complains about the extra life.
The e71 is a business/enterprise phone so of course it needs decent battery life whereas long battery life wouldn't be a primary design goal for an N-Series device.

Why would you possibly want 12MP on a cell phone camera - you can't possibly fit a CMOS chip with enough surface area to take advantage of them.