Active Topics

Notices

Any fix for short press of camera to go to desktop opens camera as well?

This application could be great for me, but as it always opens the camera app as well, it is all but useless for my N900.

Is it a settings issue or something I can change? Bug? Known issue?

Any help would be appreciated. I would love to see this app work for me.

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Originally Posted by grog View Post
I'm also experiencing this [shortcutd dying that is]. Quite annoying, as the only time I notice it is when I need to open the phone Figure'd I'd ask if it had been fixed before doing some troubleshooting & writing a alarmd command or such to restart shortcutd periodically
Couldn't find any rhyme or reason behind it. On reboot it works for a while. then even while the shortcutd process is still active (or rather, at least shown as running), it stops working. "killall shortcutd" starts it back up, so I put an alarmd event to run that every hour. A waste, but WFM (Works For Me).
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

Is this still in active development?

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mattyparanoid View Post
This application could be great for me, but as it always opens the camera app as well, it is all but useless for my N900.
Sigh!
Dont PUSH the Button. Try to press it more carefully. Like when you trying to take a photo. You need to focus first and then press it to take it. Or read the manual about this Button first.

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
While I am sorry I exasperated you, I am appreciative that I learned from your post that the button is very sensitive...

Understood now that Shortcutd means to lightly press the button to go to the desktop NOT to completely click the button to go to the desktop...

V/R

M

The Following User Says Thank You to mattyparanoid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 842 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
Is this still in active development?
Not very active.

I've been busy with a more interesting project, and AFAIK hopbeat is also busy with other things.

But it's open source, anyone can develop it. Patches are still welcome

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
I don't feel like reading all 18 pages of posts right now, i hope this is the right place for this, and i apologize if this has been suggested before

I would like to have additional options, like double and tripple click, click-hold, click-click-hold, hold-click etc as additional shortcuts, and also, it would be nice to have an action to switch between the dashboard, the menu and the desktop (press while in a program or the desktop calls the dashboard, press while in the dashboard calls the menu, press while in the menu, goes to the desktop)

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Could you add screenshot (ctrl+shift+p) support for either cam key or proximity sensor?

would it be possible to map other buttons like the left button or enter button to the camera button using this app

Banned | Posts: 388 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2010
Hey, just wondering if you could add a toggle option for soft camera button press to switch between desktop and dashboard. Do you have a quick tutorial for custom shell command shortcut?

Tags
feedback thread, shortcutd