Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Wieluń \ Poland
Yep, but we still need to emulate x86 on ARM, and it costs lots of cpu power. Windows 95 on Qemu (full pc emulation) on top of wm 6.1 pda with 520mhz xscale was running like on maybe old 486. Here we aren't emulating whole pc, just only cpu so it may be faster... especially on overclocked n900 ;-)

Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Counter-Strike!
Originally Posted by damion View Post
Okay, and also not OpenGL
Dont use the opengl render use software, would be really cool to see how it runs.

Or Starcraft or Diablo for the matter.

Originally Posted by kitor View Post
Yep, but we still need to emulate x86 on ARM, and it costs lots of cpu power. Windows 95 on Qemu (full pc emulation) on top of wm 6.1 pda with 520mhz xscale was running like on maybe old 486. Here we aren't emulating whole pc, just only cpu so it may be faster... especially on overclocked n900 ;-)
You are also not emulating the whole OS, just the application. Less RAM usage and less CPU of course

Originally Posted by damion View Post
Which app is this, I can give it a try for you.
I'd be interested to know if you could get the application I mention in this thread to run...

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=53701

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Coventry, UK
**bump** Anyone got any further with this?

any update daimon

SkiiFree!

IrfanView(i_view32.exe) Run on N900
http://hotdigi.tistory.com/516

information?

Hi guys. Damion, excellent job. Just wondering: what's the motivation to run wine on qemu? I personally have no experience with maemo development, but since wine sources are available, maybe it would be worth trying to compile them on ARM natively. That way, we might get much better speed... But as I said, I have no experience with maemo development, so I don't know how hard is it to port some code...