Notices

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 237 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by a1291762 View Post
The good news is that my build of Schism Tracker can load and play songs (I found the commandline options). The bad news is that I still can't figure out why no key events are happening. They're just not coming out of the SDL event loop so my guess is that X is somehow responsible. Other apps use SDL and get key events so it's probably something simple. My quest continues...
Is it this bug?

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Brisbane, Australia
jnwi: I'd say that's the one. I found the source code for another SDL app that works with the keyboard but you've probably just saved me from having to scrutinize the code to find the difference

At least the fix looks simple enough. It's just a shame the N900's window manager isn't doing the right thing in the first place.

The Following User Says Thank You to a1291762 For This Useful Post:
We have keyboard input!

Now I just need to re-jig the keys so the app can be driven (eg. no F keys on the N900 keyboard) and it'll be useful.

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Any progress?

The schismtracker code uses SDL key symbols but these don't change for "moded" keyboards so for example, the key symbol for '5' is never sent to the app.

There is a parameter on the key event that looks like it can help to determine the actual key pressed. Alternatively, some n900-specific code could filter the key events so that the SDL key symbols the app expects to see are delivered.

I thought that the app would work fine over VNC but it turns out something is still filtering out certain key events. Most importantly, none of the F keys seem to get through. I might need to have it do a keyboard grab and/or go "full screen" to fix that.

good news:
sunvox will be ported to n900 :-)
http://warmplace.ru/forum/viewtopic....t=1371&start=0

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lq_sunshine For This Useful Post:
Sunvox is nice, but its more for a touch-based screens... I like using the keyboard

No news about impulse tracker on n900?? i want to refresh my old it modules!!!

and the sunvox porting? both these project seems abandoned...

thx
bye
Mr.Rent

Originally Posted by Mr.Rent View Post
No news about impulse tracker on n900?? i want to refresh my old it modules!!!

and the sunvox porting? both these project seems abandoned...

thx
bye
Mr.Rent
Well as far as I know there's no progress in this direction
But, you can check this one out:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66093
It's not Schism (so you probably can't edit .IT files) but maybe it can keep you busy for the meanwhile...

Originally Posted by efekt View Post
Well as far as I know there's no progress in this direction
But, you can check this one out:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66093
It's not Schism (so you probably can't edit .IT files) but maybe it can keep you busy for the meanwhile...
Yes I have read it yesterday, I didn't understand if you can load your own wav samples... I'll try it..

bye
Mr.Rent