Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Knowhere
Originally Posted by nax3000 View Post
The simple process of tagging artist - album - song is what's going to take a long time since I'd have to do over 1000 files individually. That's pretty self explanatory as to why it would take ages to do.
Approx 12,000 tracks - couple of afternoons. Mind you, I did use software to scan the tracks and locate the tags rather than adding the tags to each track individually.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Frequently_asked_questions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N900
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hellnick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
The simple process of tagging artist - album - song is what's going to take a long time since I'd have to do over 1000 files individually. That's pretty self explanatory as to why it would take ages to do.
peter has said on this page and previously that they're working on an automatic metadata fixer, so you dont have to do it yourself. even if they weren't fixing songs one at a time is a last resort, there are programs to help, and if it comes right down to it ctrl+v then next is a very simple and useful (albeit it boring) command for doing many at a time.

i'm sure i'm not the only one who is incredibly impressed with what instinctiv has achieved already and excited by what is promised to come, please dont try and divert the project onto a completely different track simply because you cant be bothered to clean your own files, if what you seek is a completely dofferent player then go seek a different player, dont kill the potential of this one.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post
i'm sure i'm not the only one who is incredibly impressed with what instinctiv has achieved already and excited by what is promised to come, please dont try and divert the project onto a completely different track simply because you cant be bothered to clean your own files, if what you seek is a completely dofferent player then go seek a different player, dont kill the potential of this one.
So you're saying that I am killing the potential of this software by simply stating my opinion as to why browsing by folders is better for some people?
You need to get your head checked, buddy.

Anyway, I've been trying to use Instinctiv and I have a major critique - It's pretty damn slow. It sometimes even freezes (while the audio keeps playing).
Any plans on improving that or even adding some GPU acceleration to make is smooth and fast?

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
So you're saying that I am killing the potential of this software by simply stating my opinion as to why browsing by folders is better for some people?
You need to get your head checked, buddy.

Anyway, I've been trying to use Instinctiv and I have a major critique - It's pretty damn slow. It sometimes even freezes (while the audio keeps playing).
Any plans on improving that or even adding some GPU acceleration to make is smooth and fast?
first of all my heads fine thankyou very much, buddy.

and only the first segment of that was aimed at you, the second was for people in general wanting something completely different. i totally get why you may want to navigate by folders, but claiming its the only way and fixing the medatada isn't an option is just bull.

also your critique about the issues of slowness, freezing, and whats being worked on have been adressed previously in this thread.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

If you'll read my wall of text in the previous page, you'll see why "fixing the friggin metadata" is not really a viable option.
Ok plus one for public outcry How about this: right where we have songs, titles, artists, albums, playlists (and eventually genres) we also add folders that lists the outermost unique folder name? Not obtrusive, won't interfere with the way other people use the app and adds a single UI element? Whadya think?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to peter@instinctiv.com For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peter@instinctiv.com View Post
Ok plus one for public outcry How about this: right where we have songs, titles, artists, albums, playlists (and eventually genres) we also add folders that lists the outermost unique folder name? Not obtrusive, won't interfere with the way other people use the app and adds a single UI element? Whadya think?
I can't see anything wrong with that! hehe.

Also, I hate to be a nag but what's the status on the speed improvement? I actually found the player to be unusable (I've been trying it for a few days as my default player) and it keeps locking and being generally unresponsive.
Will you be able to add GPU accel or something like that in the future?

I can't see anything wrong with that! hehe.

Also, I hate to be a nag but what's the status on the speed improvement? I actually found the player to be unusable (I've been trying it for a few days as my default player) and it keeps locking and being generally unresponsive.
Will you be able to add GPU accel or something like that in the future?
This has been a source of major butt hurt for a large number of users. We're a day or so away from releasing a fix that will solve (let me make a number up and say) roughly 80% of the pain for 80% of users. The other 20% is still a long ways off, I'm afraid -- at least another two weeks. We will get there, though, and we know how to get there it's just a lot of work. No comment on GPU acceleration

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to peter@instinctiv.com For This Useful Post:
this is the most informative no comment ever!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ironm8 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peter@instinctiv.com View Post
This has been a source of major butt hurt for a large number of users. We're a day or so away from releasing a fix that will solve (let me make a number up and say) roughly 80% of the pain for 80% of users. The other 20% is still a long ways off, I'm afraid -- at least another two weeks. We will get there, though, and we know how to get there it's just a lot of work. No comment on GPU acceleration
Sounds good to me!

The Following User Says Thank You to nax3000 For This Useful Post:
definitely

The Following User Says Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post: