Active Topics

Originally Posted by badfusion View Post
for who not having the files for installing the beta i can upload it ... just tell me ??

why wanna upload it cause it's very very very beta beta only have injection and metasploit (metasploit can run without neopwn in n900 and paying 40 $ just for the injection it's not like what im thinking about OPEN SOURCE so .........
If you don't feel you got value for what you paid, I'd suggest getting in contact with the developer to discuss your dissatisfaction with him. The idea of uploading code to be freely available just because you don't think it's worth what you paid is disgraceful. All you're doing is harming development. I hope you will feel ashamed and rethink your actions

Personally I haven't ordered the beta as it's not that important to me right now. If it was, I wouldnt mind donating. If you are serious about pen testing I don't think $40 is excessive, especially if the problem of the injection driver is solved. From what we understand it cost the developer a lot to jump that hurdle, whatever your idea of "open source" is. I think if you don't understand that and don't want to help with these costs then you shouldn't really be ordering this beta at all in the first place.

Which begs the question for those with the beta, how well does the injection driver work? is it the real deal?

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2010-09-01 at 00:32.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by badfusion View Post
u don't need to get ur program launch like that for using the neowpn dekstop icon or menu icon just go to terminal in n900 and typing that:

sudo gainroot
chmod +x /usr/bin/neopwn.sh
chmod +x /usr/bin/neopwn

and now its great no crash when u launch with the program icon

if u have another question ..............

for who not having the files for installing the beta i can upload it ... just tell me ??

why wanna upload it cause it's very very very beta beta only have injection and metasploit (metasploit can run without neopwn in n900 and paying 40 $ just for the injection it's not like what im thinking about OPEN SOURCE so .........
But......................metasploit and injection donīt work for me with neopwn
Could you help me pleaseee???

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
badfusion, your offer is tempting, simply because packet injection = awesome.

But my ethics lead me to discourage you from doing it. I don't really like the developer's approach to this, but as I said in other posts, I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt - and so far, I feel more on his side than on the side of most people who b!tched in the first ten-twenty pages of this thread about his missed initial delivery date.

At any rate, I do wish he just open sourced what he's working on currently from the get-go. But now that he hasn't, you breaking an implicit promise (which you DO implicitly make when you pay for inclusion in the private beta - there may have been no legal terms to call you on it, but morally it is there) isn't that much better. By buying access to the private beta, or 'donating enough to be granted access to the private beta', however you want to word that, you are presenting yourself as someone who in good faith intends to keep the private beta private. Even if you don't accept that premise, it's still against the wishes of the person from who you're getting the program(s)+driver, and since his wishes are not too inherently unethical, I personally thing going against them by uploading the stuff puts you in the moral wrong.

- EDIT -

Hoggerz says he's been able to send deauth packets (as in for deauthorizing a client connected to a network). Based on what he said (I myself am not an expert) this means that at least some injection is working. Whether or not all of it is working, or not, is another matter, but if it's working at all, then it should be a matter of time before it works in every application.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2010-09-01 at 01:00. Reason: Added response to an above statement.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 50 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Greece
Originally Posted by blanix View Post
But......................metasploit and injection donīt work for me with neopwn
Could you help me pleaseee???
Metasploit works fine-tested-without neopwn.Give HD Moore's tutorial a shot
http://www.metasploit.com/redmine/pr...i/Install_N900

yes, without neopwn work fine:
metasploit, sslstrip, nmap, netcat, ettercap, wireshark, tor, aircrack(not injection)

and with neopwn:
ettercap, netcat, aircrack(not injection) and wireshark

n900=free
neopwn=40$
I donīt understand

*sorry for my english

Last edited by blanix; 2010-09-01 at 01:49.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Netherlands
can one of you neopwn buyers execute:
aireplay-ng -9 -e essid wlan0
(where essid is a existing name of a access point in quotes)
to test injection

Last edited by sake; 2010-09-01 at 08:29.

Originally Posted by sake View Post
can one of you neopwn buyers execute:
aireplay-ng -9 -e essid wlan0
(where essid is a existing name of a access point in quotes)
to test injection
Surely aireplay-ng -9 mon0 is far the better injection test?!

Got to say I'm a little disappointed about neopwn so far as I thought there would be a lot more activity. I'm personally still waiting for my SD card to turn up, fingers crossed it'll be today, then I'll be giving it it a go.

You guy's have to remember that it's early days still.

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ behind your firewall
finally neopwn running, but monitor mode doesnt work, i installed the 3 debs on step 8, but when trying airmon:

Interface Chipset Driver

wlan0 Unknown Unknown (MONITOR MODE NOT SUPPORTED)

any ideas?

thanks

badfusion, go ahead and upload it for me.

appreciate it.

Originally Posted by frisco View Post
badfusion, go ahead and upload it for me.

appreciate it.
me too

tanx