wow hotmail on my phone and not via pop amazing! never thought id see the day

Originally Posted by arora.rohan View Post
is it really working for you guys... im not getting any push notifications...
You may have to change your email settings and tick the "Incoming notifications" button. I don't get notified when new emails arrive - but they do arrive, which is how I want it

btw, you can now use Airsync protocol on Hotmail (that's if you don't already have an existing account using this protocol since the N900 only supports a single source).

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/new...activesync.ars

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
Out of curiousity, can anyone confirm that the calendar and contacts work as well with this?

I m using the E-mail widget who work well for me and for notification go in Parameters / Notification led ? (not sure i have french as language) and there is Email to check.

I got same notification as sms.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Jakarta, Indonesia
Originally Posted by Sphinx780 View Post
Out of curiousity, can anyone confirm that the calendar and contacts work as well with this?
I rarely got e-mail these days so can't confirm about mail notification, but the calendar and contact sync work.

Strangely, at often the ActiveSync will say synchronization failed, although when checking the calendar and contact I can see entries got updated or added. Full re-sync works though,

Could this be because I merged the duplicate contacts with those from IM accounts ?

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
Checking it out myself, cal and contacts sync great for me...for the first day anyway, we'll see how it progresses...the hotmail acct won't be my primary so I'm not too concerned about how well the email syncs.

Being an outlook user, this seems more straight forward than using outlook to google to nuevasync for my calendar and contacts. So far, pretty pleased.

I get an error communicating with server message and the first sync fails....

Originally Posted by failurehappening View Post
I know most of us on here are way too cool for school to use Hotmail... But for those that do want to get email pushed to them, MS have created Hotmail Exchange.

Can you get more than one Exchange connection on the N900?? If not then you may have to choose between Hotmail and your work mail... Or if you're "lucky" your work uses Lotus Notes like mine, so getting work mail on your phone is a no go anyway!

Server: m.hotmail.com
Port: 443
Secure Connection: Tick
User name: {failurehappening@hotmail.com} replace with yours...
password: {someonewilltrythis} replace with yours
Domain: {Blank} don't put anything

Original article on ars technica:
http://bit.ly/8ZLXCI

anyone else have this?

Does anyone know how to get html to work?

Also what is the correct way to set up contacts sync. When I tried it it replaced all my phone contacts with outlook contacts. Was almost in tears but luckily had done a back up of my device so was able to restore my contacts.

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post: