Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by motom View Post
for those who successfully import sms:
will the imported sms connect like thread style?
Yes they will, though the imported sms messages will always be on bottom of your message thread, even if the date says they are older.
New messages ofcourse from there on out will be on the bottom.

Other than that:
Has anyone succesfully exported messages with PR1.2
I keep getting an error!? In the future i'd like to be able to transfer my messages to another (android?) device. Which seems easy if the n900 would sync with OVI suite, but it doesn't.... but i don't quite feel like reverting to PR1.1 just to export my messages.

So if anyone has an updated version of SMSexporter or another solution, PLEASE let me now, thanks!

I noticed one thing difference in my databade that the name is different from what you have in this thread. My sms messages database name is el-v1.db. Could be this the issue that i can't get the sms messages imported to my N900? I have noticed that the tables' fields are somehow different from el.db!!
does everyone who tried this tool and successfully imported their messages have el.db or el-v1.db?

ur help is much appreciated

thanks in advance

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
dose the sms file suppose to be like this before import ?
http://img.whirltools.com/viewer.php...7508705480.jpg

Originally Posted by nthx View Post
I've got my own Python app for browsing sms messages from other Nokia devices.
To use it one needs to export all smses from the old device using Nokia PC Suite into a file, and copy this file into n900.

Then this app (sms-nostalgia) will import all your smses into it (the app, not Conversation app) and one is be able to have them when one needs.
One could search by text/phone number and see avatars of sms author.
It also supports rotation.

It's in Python. I've spend like 2 weeks polishing it, so it's stable and easy to use. Though after some time I'm not using it so often. Anyhow, I got all my E61 sms here on n900.

One thing though, I don't know how to package Python software yet, so I can't redistribute it easily. Sources are available though.
http://github.com/nthx/sms-nostalgia

I could be happy to distribute it/improve, just someone would need to give me a hand how to do it.

Cheers!
Tomasz (send email/private if you're interested)
i need this app.. how do i get it up and running?

i have tried to manipulate the el-v1.db manually and tried to use the update query as bellow:

INSERT INTO Events
VALUES(63,3,11,1275483743,1275483734,1275483741,1, 0,0,0,0,'ring/tel/ring','<SelfHandle>','Nokia',NULL,'test message','Nokia');

i have added the above values according to this:

TABLE Events (id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,service_id INTEGER NOT NULL,event_type_id INTEGER NOT NULL,storage_time INTEGER NOT NULL,start_time INTEGER NOT NULL,end_time INTEGER,is_read INTEGER DEFAULT 0,outgoing BOOL DEFAULT 0,flags INTEGER DEFAULT 0,bytes_sent INTEGER DEFAULT 0,bytes_received INTEGER DEFAULT 0,local_uid TEXT,local_name TEXT,remote_uid TEXT,channel TEXT,free_text TEXT,group_uid TEXT)

but when i go to conversations, the name of the sender is "NULL" and when trying to access it, it says "unable to access the conversation null" or whatsoever.

im trying disperately to get my old messages imported into my new N900 but no luck
I wish if somebody can pin point what im missing here in this query??

i dont'see my oldest sms imported with this instructions...why?

Originally Posted by motom View Post
Hi my SMS files was exported from nokia pc suite, looks like the image above. Mobile, date, MSG..etc. All are in different cells. Is it correct?
Also the content of the inbox and sent box file are different. The inbox SMS file have one more empty column.
How should I merge them?
Appreciate any help.

Last edited by motom; 2010-09-08 at 23:10.

Originally Posted by cuberob View Post
Yes they will, though the imported sms messages will always be on bottom of your message thread, even if the date says they are older.
New messages ofcourse from there on out will be on the bottom.

Other than that:
Has anyone succesfully exported messages with PR1.2
I keep getting an error!? In the future i'd like to be able to transfer my messages to another (android?) device. Which seems easy if the n900 would sync with OVI suite, but it doesn't.... but i don't quite feel like reverting to PR1.1 just to export my messages.

So if anyone has an updated version of SMSexporter or another solution, PLEASE let me now, thanks!
Hi

my SMS files was exported from nokia pc suite, looks like the image above. Mobile, date, MSG..etc. All are in different cells. Is it correct?
Also the content of the inbox and sent box file are different. The inbox SMS file have one more empty column.
How should I merge them?
Appreciate any help.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Reims, France
Hi,

Smsimporter works fine for me : more than 1600 SMS from my old Nokia 5800XM saved in *.csv file with Nokia PC Suite.

Thanks a lot !

guys, i cant get the sms imported to my conversation application.

here what i have tried:

Nokia-N900:/home/user# ./smsimporter
Usage: smsimporter <input csv file>
ex. smsimporter backup.csv
Nokia-N900:/home/user# ./smsimporter 1.csv
Nokia-N900:/home/user#

is this the expected output? The command just finishes in less than a second. Is this the expected behaviour?

any help is much appreciated