Notices

Originally Posted by TH3ORY View Post
Yes and No all you can do is enable ./psfreedom-enable.sh and see if your N900 when connected to a computer is charging or not it should not charge also you can’t use as a Mass storage device neither...
i've got mixed results. it has a current state: charging only, althoughthere's no access to the mass storage.

what i did is:
1. x-terminal
2. key in: root
3. typed: chmod +x psfreedom-enable.sh
4. typed: chmod +x psfreedom-enable.sh
5. typed: ./psfreedom-enable.sh

the only thing that confuses me is that it doesn't have any feedback whther it's currently enabled or not

come on guys its been said time and time again. if youre going to back up a game, FOR GODS SAKE check the compatibility list first!
http://tiny.cc/psjbcl

this people replying in this thread shouldnt have to do it all for you. do some basic research, it isnt tough and in the end it will save you time.

as for the person asking about what good the ftp server does? well, for one, it allows you to transfer your backups from your internal HDD for uploading, or from your computer's HDD to your internal HDD, in case the game doesn't work on an external drive. for example, i could download darksiders on my pc, and transfer it to my internal ps3 drive, and play it, whereas it wont work on an external drive.

@bewrong: where did you copy your files to on your n900?

if you followed the first post TO THE LETTER (i.e. extracted the files to /root) then the commands should be:
sudo gainroot
cd /root
./psfreedom-enable.sh

there will not be ANY output whatsoever from terminal, it will just start a new line

Originally Posted by tom047 View Post
@bewrong: where did you copy your files to on your n900?

if you followed the first post TO THE LETTER (i.e. extracted the files to /root) then the commands should be:
sudo gainroot
cd /root
./psfreedom-enable.sh

there will not be ANY output whatsoever from terminal, it will just start a new line

sorry i've only used ssh through iphone and this is where i pasted the files exactly at the root folder.

and after that yes it doesn't let me access the mass storage. sorry this is my first time thinkering with x-terminal and a linux based os

question: i was able to reaccess mass storage when i reseted the phone, are there any other commands to disable psfreedom without shuting the phone down?

EDIT: when i type in root at the x-terminal it generates a new line but starts with "Nokia-Nr00-02-8:~#"

try typing
sudo gainroot

also, to disable the jialbreak, you have to physically use it ie you must have your n900 plugged in to your ps3 and then turn it on using the described method. unless the payload is delivered, you are unable to disable the jailbreak and will get an error.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Hey guys I tried to Jailbreak my Ps3 with the Patched Psfreedom from the first page and i ran into issues.

Here is what saying on the screen.
Attached Images

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-09-09 at 07:16.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Why isn't there any installer in the install packages?

hey guys,
sorry to get off topic.
but, i remember using the logan 5 tool back when sony got rid off linux support. it stopped working after a while. but after reading this thread i found out it works again. well long story short. Do any of you think we can make a version of the logan 5 tool that runs off our phone and that way we dont need have to have our computers on?

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Why isn't there any installer in the install packages?
Because you probably didnt put one on a memory stick and plug it in?

Same as you can't play/back up a game unless you put a disc in. It can't magic them out of no where.

Originally Posted by b15cu1t View Post
Because you probably didnt put one on a memory stick and plug it in?

Same as you can't play/back up a game unless you put a disc in. It can't magic them out of no where.
Ok where are those packages?

You meant the xx.PKG?
Backup Manager: (Working!!)
You can get the Original Backup Manager from here:
http://www.pandawillforum.com/redire...&goto=lastpost

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-09-09 at 07:33.