Notices

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Now I got this:

I put one in the root of the USB,
and one in the folder called "psfreedom"
Attached Images

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ england
this needs a better tutorial any takers? im just so confused???
can anybody who has this working please explain in laymens terms
the steps to take what tools you'll need etc.... share the love come on people!!!!

Originally Posted by tom047 View Post
try typing
sudo gainroot

also, to disable the jialbreak, you have to physically use it ie you must have your n900 plugged in to your ps3 and then turn it on using the described method. unless the payload is delivered, you are unable to disable the jailbreak and will get an error.
you didn't understand my question, already answered it my self.

@maxximuscool you need the packages (backup manager) on a seperate storage (memory stick or usb)

what is needed isn't logan but apache2, squid and jsered to make a proxy and web server on N900.
Proxy to redirect psn update request and web to serve the forged ps3-updatelist.txt files.
That's what I use on my linux box anyway since I don't trust the well known IP enough to send my psn login infos throught it.

The Following User Says Thank You to BlackDiamond For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mr_xzibit View Post
the steps to take what tools you'll need etc.... share the love come on people!!!!
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Now I got this:

Originally Posted by Corso85
Backup Manager: (Working!!)
You can get the Original Backup Manager from here:
http://www.pandawillforum.com/redire...&goto=lastpost

Put on a USB and plug it in to the PS3 now. An option will show to install it. Do so.
Launch the Backup Manager. Preferably with a game inside your PS3

I'm sorry, but I can't see how much clearer you want it to be. Some people are easily confused I guess.

The Following User Says Thank You to Corso85 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mr_xzibit View Post
mate the tutorial cant really get any simpler. how about you post where you are having problems and we will try to help you from there? you could also wait for the GUI, which is coming out either today or in the next day or two?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by Corso85 View Post
I'm sorry, but I can't see how much clearer you want it to be. Some people are easily confused I guess.
It is simple but it is missing the part
"Put the manager.pkg into your storage media (USB Drive or HDD) other than N900, Plug the USB in after the you see the *install packages files, and leave it to load"

How and what do you think people will assume? Unzip and off to go! Otherwise stated it clearly for noobies to follow. I had to search for information through google to find this infor.

Now I got this:

yup, thats the file you need to install..its the backup manager.. just install it and start backing up your games..

but first try looking for your game on this site and see where can the ps3 play the games from and where it cant.. INT = internal, USB = external.. http://www.ps3news.com/subdomain.php...rentpage=1&s=7

The Following User Says Thank You to n900<3 For This Useful Post:
It is simple but it is missing the part
"Put the manager.pkg into your storage media (USB Drive or HDD) other than N900, Plug the USB in after the you see the *install packages files, and leave it to load"

How and what do you think people will assume? Unzip and off to go! Otherwise stated it clearly for noobies to follow. I had to search for information through google to find this infor.
Alright. Your wish is my command. Added the line to the first post.

The Following User Says Thank You to Corso85 For This Useful Post:
Who has the link to Google Document of the Compatibility list?