Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by S0urcerr0r View Post
to topicstarter:

its sad that u leave, but many of us dont want to change our n900 to anything else.
i love hw keyb, i can chat/email properly - seeing the whole screen while i write.
easydebian
nitdroid for android - games and such
i love IR and FM transmitter
i dont want capacitive screen.
and for many more reasons
You shouldn't pretend to speak for everyone. I can just as easily point out that many of us (particularly the ITT folks) didn't want the N900 and preferred something better (not necessarily Android, iPhone, etc). I'd speculate that "many of us" even left to go off to Android after being fed up with Nokia and Maemo's many frustrations.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Victoria BC Canada
to topicstarter:

its sad that u leave, but many of us dont want to change our n900 to anything else.
i love hw keyb, i can chat/email properly - seeing the whole screen while i write.
easydebian
nitdroid for android - games and such
i love IR and FM transmitter
i dont want capacitive screen.
and for many more reasons
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
You shouldn't pretend to speak for everyone. I can just as easily point out that many of us (particularly the ITT folks) didn't want the N900 and preferred something better (not necessarily Android, iPhone, etc). I'd speculate that "many of us" even left to go off to Android after being fed up with Nokia and Maemo's many frustrations.
OK I want to play too!

I'll speculate that the original quoted speculator is more accurate in his speculation than the second speculator. This is because contented users are often less vocal than the unhappy users.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grok For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Call me daft but it strikes me that a device which works out of the box is actually much smarter than a device which you need to spend ages tweaking just to be able it to get to a stable state and even then never actually getting there because some important parts of the device are closed and so cannot be tweaked.
lol, well put

The Following User Says Thank You to imperiallight For This Useful Post:
Posts: 124 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
You shouldn't pretend to speak for everyone.
sorry that u took it that way. thats why i wrote "many of us", not "all of us".
if your experience with the n900 is so bad that u cant endure reading positive comments, u must have had a really horrible experience.
once again "MANY of us" have experienced the n900 mainly positive.
sure - i spend some time now and then to reconsider the n900 if was a good or bad purchase... i compare with other newer phones but i always come to the same conclusion in the end... just imagining losing easy debian (+open office), ir, hw keyb, massive video codec support, FM transmitter, resistive touch screen (i consider capacitive less precise), maemos nice capabilities & interface, TI85 advanced graphing calculator, and all this while still having nitdroid as alternative (where vsync works), and much more...

just imagining losing all that stuff makes makesme realise why i chose the N900.

Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
lol, well put
sure the n900 could have gotten much better support than it has so far.
but on the other hand the n900 had things from the beginning that android users had to wait a very long time to get (mobile hotspot, flash ...etc). the n900 had all of this from the beginning and could therefore be considered androids "mother"

Last edited by S0urcerr0r; 2010-09-16 at 18:28.

Originally Posted by S0urcerr0r View Post
sorry that u took it that way. thats why i wrote "many of us", not "all of us".
if your experience with the n900 is so bad that u cant endure reading positive comments, u must have had a really horrible experience.
once again "MANY of us" have experienced the n900 mainly positive.
sure - i spend some time now and then to reconsider the n900 if was a good or bad purchase... i compare with other newer phones but i always come to the same conclusion in the end... just imagining losing easy debian (+open office), ir, hw keyb, massive video codec support, FM transmitter, resistive touch screen (i consider capacitive less precise), maemos nice capabilities & interface, TI85 advanced graphing calculator, and all this while still having nitdroid as alternative (where vsync works), and much more...

just imagining losing all that stuff makes makesme realise why i chose the N900.

sure the n900 could have gotten much better support than it has so far.
but on the other hand the n900 had things from the beginning that android users had to wait a very long time to get (mobile hotspot, flash ...etc). the n900 had all of this from the beginning and could therefore be considered androids "mother"
You shouldn't even speak for many of us. As Grok put it so well, you could claim just about anything and pretend to have the weight of everyone (or many) behind you.

I'm glad your experience with the N900 is so great that you can prance about aloof and dismiss all criticism despite anyone else's experiences. It doesn't make anyone else's opinions any less valid or wrong, however.

You shouldn't even speak for many of us. As Grok put it so well, you could claim just about anything and pretend to have the weight of everyone (or many) behind you.

I'm glad your experience with the N900 is so great that you can prance about aloof and dismiss all criticism despite anyone else's experiences. It doesn't make anyone else's opinions any less valid or wrong, however.
How is he dismissing all critism by stating how he enjoys using his device?

Some of the cars Ive loved the most have had the most flaws aswell.

I do not believe that most people particapating in this forum come here to make themselves depressed/frustrated by constantly needing to voice their anger which I believe would be the case if they disliked their device/OS so much. I sincerely hope thats is the case or else it would be all kinds of sad.

For myself the n900 is a perfect example of what Nokia mean when they say "Its not technology is what you do with it.", which corresponds well with the amount of Engadget articles the n900 has spawned.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fnorum For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fnorum View Post
How is he dismissing all critism by stating how he enjoys using his device?

Some of the cars Ive loved the most have had the most flaws aswell.

I do not believe that most people particapating in this forum come here to make themselves depressed/frustrated by constantly needing to voice their anger which I believe would be the case if they disliked their device/OS so much. I sincerely hope thats is the case or else it would be all kinds of sad.

For myself the n900 is a perfect example of what Nokia mean when they say "Its not technology is what you do with it.", which corresponds well with the amount of Engadget articles the n900 has spawned.
I already explained it back there--he dismisses the points that are raised by simply pointing out something along the lines of, "I don't see a problem!" It's the equivalent of saying, 'I CAN'T HEAR YOUUUUU', plugging your ears and going la-la-la. heh It's both silly and dismissing the issues because you don't want to hear them.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Issues have priorities and priorities tend to be subjective. Remember that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Victoria BC Canada
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Issues have priorities and priorities tend to be subjective. Remember that.
I like!

The Following User Says Thank You to Grok For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on May 2010 @ NewYork
its quite amazing this post went 19 pages long and the OP did not say specifically why he would never buy another nokia(I read all his post)
The only reason I seen was:" Nokia were definitely going for mainstream with the N900" but he was disappointed it did not.

If this is your only reason...Welcome to life buddy.

Tags
derp-derp