Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Finland
Any help?

We have installed backup manager okay and ripped Little Big Planet to external drive. Ripped game shows in Backupmanager but when we load it, it returns back to homescreen. Game inside the console is Resident Evil and shows like Residen Evil, not little big planet as it should be.

Last edited by SakkeMO; 2010-09-17 at 08:01.

what version backup manager did u run ? should ve backupmanager 1.0 try to rip other game, take the disc out first , rip the game,select x to load the insert the disc

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ england
Open psfreedom.ko on any hex editor, lookfor /dev_xxxx and replace it with /dev_bdvd

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mr_xzibit View Post
Open psfreedom.ko on any hex editor, lookfor /dev_xxxx and replace it with /dev_bdvd
I opened it with hex editor but /dev_bdvd is already there.

Anything else? Backupmanager should be 1.0v (downloaded from psgroove)

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
PSFreedom no longer needs to have the .ko files patched, please do not replace them as that might break things with custom payloads, use the method added to the GUI in the latest version.

@ OP please update the instructions

Originally Posted by SakkeMO View Post
Any help?

We have installed backup manager okay and ripped Little Big Planet to external drive. Ripped game shows in Backupmanager but when we load it, it returns back to homescreen. Game inside the console is Resident Evil and shows like Residen Evil, not little big planet as it should be.
Same thing happening with me ... Until a few days ago everything worked fine .. I was able to load backups and all .. But now since 2 days ago, I've been unable to load backups .. I go in Backup Manager (the same one I've been using all along), select the backup I want to load, go back to the XMB expecting the backup to have loaded, but its not there ... I just see the disc game there ..

Note that I didn't change anything ... I'm using the same Backup Manager which worked for me before .. only its not working anymore ..

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
PSFreedom no longer needs to have the .ko files patched, please do not replace them as that might break things with custom payloads, use the method added to the GUI in the latest version.

@ OP please update the instructions
Updated

The Following User Says Thank You to Corso85 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ahmadka View Post
Same thing happening with me ... Until a few days ago everything worked fine .. I was able to load backups and all .. But now since 2 days ago, I've been unable to load backups .. I go in Backup Manager (the same one I've been using all along), select the backup I want to load, go back to the XMB expecting the backup to have loaded, but its not there ... I just see the disc game there ..

Note that I didn't change anything ... I'm using the same Backup Manager which worked for me before .. only its not working anymore ..
I just checked. My setup is still working.....something must've changed on your side.......

Are you using PSFreedom-GUI or running the scripts manually?

I'm having "error reading disc" for some reason...Using one of PAL games in my US PS3.I know it shouldnt matter since there is no region coding for games,but still what could be wrong ?BAckup Manager works just fine loading it,but then stops with this error while trying to load,when in background on TV I can see this game.BTW,that was "online bought" game Would really appreciate Your feedback...