Active Topics

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brasil
I'm getting "memory card corrupted" in memory menu, had that problem b4 but solved flashing emmc, it was 1 year ago. Now I just got it back and cant seem to find any solutiong around the web, even here on community, I'm begging for help.

I already reflashed the kernel with FIASCO image and the emmc with VANILLA.. nothing happened, the problem is still the same with my internal memory, I get memory card corrupted in the memory menu, get no partition on the file manager. I can even access it trough USB.. formated into FAT32 but NADA.

I've tried to mount the mmcblk0p1 through the terminal and seems to work, with the "df" command the partition is mounted but on the memory menu, the card is still corrupted and in the file manager i can acess it, then i format but nothing happens... rebooting the device makes the problem comes back, its not self mounting or recognizing the mmcblk0p1 partition...

running:
fsck -t ext3 /dev/mmcblk0p1 and then mounting it does'nt work either.

Now I just have the rootsh and openSSH installed in the device, it's been formatted on every possible ways already... I'm just getting crazy.

please someone could help me? cant even send it back to nokia, bought it in US and I live in Brazil -.-'

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brasil
please anyone?

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris
Did you solve your problem ?

If not could you post the output of "mount" ?

I had a problem similar to this after copying a file with weird characters in the filename ; I sorted it by cleaning the partition : I removed everything in /home/user/MyDocs/.sounds (just to be safe) and, with the partition still mounted :

dosfsck -w -r -v /dev/mmcblk0p1

Those options are mandatory to make fsck actually *do* things (even though it tells you it does anyway) and not get the "Leaving file system unchanged." at the end.

It worked for me, the "N900" item could automount under KDE anew.

Last edited by xaccrocheur; 2011-08-13 at 02:37.