Posts: 19 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brasil
please anyone can help? T.T

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Maybe zeroing the partition with dd if=/dev/zero of=name of partition could be useful?

Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Maybe zeroing the partition with dd if=/dev/zero of=name of partition could be useful?
how exacly do I do that?

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by kaze.daniel View Post
I have a similar problem, but i already reflashed the kernel with FIASCO image and the emmc with VANILLA.. nothing happened, the problem is still the same with my internal memory, I get memory card corrupted in the memory menu, get no partition on the file manager.
I've tried to mount the mmcblk0p1 through the terminal and seems to work, with the "df" command the partition is mounted but on the memory menu, the card is still corrupted and in the file manager i can acess it, then i format but nothing happens... rebooting the device makes the problem comes back, its not self mounting or recognizing the mmcblk0p1 partition...
please someone could help me? cant even send it back to nokia, bought it in US and I live in Brazil -.-'
OK when you mount iy as /dev/mmcblk0p1 as you wrote, you could try dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblkp1 and this should fill it with zeroes. But I really don't know if this can help you.

In the past, with borked mmc cards, I had had some results with a kind of "low-level" format utility by... what it was? Fujitsu? Something like that, it was a windows utility though.
If your partition can be seen under windows you could try.
If I remind where this utility was I'll let you know.

Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
OK when you mount iy as /dev/mmcblk0p1 as you wrote, you could try dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblkp1 and this should fill it with zeroes. But I really don't know if this can help you.

In the past, with borked mmc cards, I had had some results with a kind of "low-level" format utility by... what it was? Fujitsu? Something like that, it was a windows utility though.
If your partition can be seen under windows you could try.
If I remind where this utility was I'll let you know.

nothing happenned at all... this thing started when I installed nitdroid under a 4gb SD card, then I uninstalled it from the 2gb partition and used that as a swap option...

I just re-partitioned my SD card into 1 partition and rebooted, the internal memory card was recognized and then rebooted again but now it just got corrupted again...

ths getting ulgy, aparently its a problem caused by the SD card, interfering into the emmc... is there a way to wipe out all the SD card info from the internal memory? not just getting it off seems to solve the problem.

I had the same problem few weeks ago. After that I needed to reflash the kernel for some other reason and also I do not have the same uSD-card anymore, so I do not know which operation really fixed the problem.

Originally Posted by kaze.daniel View Post
nothing happenned at all... this thing started when I installed nitdroid under a 4gb SD card, then I uninstalled it from the 2gb partition and used that as a swap option...

I just re-partitioned my SD card into 1 partition and rebooted, the internal memory card was recognized and then rebooted again but now it just got corrupted again...

ths getting ulgy, aparently its a problem caused by the SD card, interfering into the emmc... is there a way to wipe out all the SD card info from the internal memory? not just getting it off seems to solve the problem.
I had the same problem

(This kludge can be dangerous if you want to hot switch the uSD-card.)

One kludge solution is to have a custom script run when the system is booted. The script is obviously just a simple shell script having "mount something somewhere...". The script should be saved in your internal EXT2-partition, for example straight in /home/user/.mountMyCard.sh

The script can be run by dbus signal. dbus-script-settings would be the easiest way to configure the trigger for the script, it has a GUI.

You need to use the "Add Raw" option in it. I do not know right now a correct dbus parameters which would always be received when the system has mounted other filesystems, but someone more experienced with DBUS may help futher, or the dbus-script guys.

For "normal" Linuxes I would just put the mount command in /etc/rc.local but I do not know if maemo5 will run that script in the end of the boot sequence as in other (LSB compliant) Linux systems.

Does someone know about /etc/rc.local in maemo5?

Last edited by zimon; 2010-09-18 at 22:38.

Originally Posted by zimon View Post
One kludge solution is to have a custom script run when the system is booted. The script is obviously just a simple shell script having "mount something somewhere...". The script should be saved in your internal EXT2-partition, for example straight in /home/user/.mountMyCard.sh

The script can be run by dbus signal. dbus-script-settings would be the easiest way to configure the trigger for the script, it has a GUI.

You need to use the "Add Raw" option in it. I do not know right now a correct dbus parameters which would always be received when the system has mounted other filesystems, but someone more experienced with DBUS may help futher, or the dbus-script guys.
tks mate, I will read to that and try to make that script... right now im trying a whole different a crazy thing... gonna change the whole FAT partition (which is the one driving me nuts]0 to an ext3 partition and make the rootfs a bit bigger.. hopefully, the device will recognize the new MyDocs after the reboot... otherwise i will try to make that script for auto mount, then "sit and cry" until the next update... I cant stand to the nitdroid right now, way too slow for now...

Originally Posted by ducki View Post
I had the same problem
hey, have u fixed the problem?