Code:
[Watches]
# List of directory roots to index and watch (separator=;)
WatchDirectoryRoots=$HOME/MyDocs/.sounds/;$HOME/MyDocs/.documents/;$HOME/MyDocs/.videos/;$HOME/MyDocs/.images/;$HOME/MyDocs/.camera/;
# List of directory roots to index but NOT watch (separator=;)
CrawlDirectory=
# List of directory roots NOT to index and NOT to watch (separator=;)
NoWatchDirectory=$HOME/MyDocs/core-dumps/;$HOME/MyDocs/cities/;$HOME/MyDocs/.sounds/Ringtones/;$HOME/MyDocs/tmp/;/media/mmc1/tmp/;/media/mmc1/cities/;
# Set to false to completely disable any watching
EnableWatching=true
This is the original tracker.cfg , as can be seen, by default it is only allowed to index and watch .sounds , .documents , .videos , .images , .camera

but I have NITDroid installed and the mediaplayer is indexing those game sound file which I have no idea where those sound files are. They are in the emmc I guess. How do I stopped it from indexing those unwanted files?

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by chicaman View Post
Code:
[Watches]
# List of directory roots to index and watch (separator=;)
WatchDirectoryRoots=$HOME/MyDocs/.sounds/;$HOME/MyDocs/.documents/;$HOME/MyDocs/.videos/;$HOME/MyDocs/.images/;$HOME/MyDocs/.camera/;
# List of directory roots to index but NOT watch (separator=;)
CrawlDirectory=
# List of directory roots NOT to index and NOT to watch (separator=;)
NoWatchDirectory=$HOME/MyDocs/core-dumps/;$HOME/MyDocs/cities/;$HOME/MyDocs/.sounds/Ringtones/;$HOME/MyDocs/tmp/;/media/mmc1/tmp/;/media/mmc1/cities/;
# Set to false to completely disable any watching
EnableWatching=true
This is the original tracker.cfg , as can be seen, by default it is only allowed to index and watch .sounds , .documents , .videos , .images , .camera

but I have NITDroid installed and the mediaplayer is indexing those game sound file which I have no idea where those sound files are. They are in the emmc I guess. How do I stopped it from indexing those unwanted files?
Well, it shouldn't check /media/mmc1 so I think they are in the Sounds dir. Have you checked that?

/media/mmc1 is your data partition on Nitdroid. You can add it to NoWatchDirectory:

NoWatchDirectory=$HOME/MyDocs/core-dumps/;$HOME/MyDocs/cities/;$HOME/MyDocs/.sounds/Ringtones/;$HOME/MyDocs/tmp/;/media/mmc1/tmp/;/media/mmc1/cities/;/media/mmc1/;

And then restart Tracker.

Note as quick fix this works fine. However this will exclude the whole Android data partition. If there is for example music on this partition you might want to scan that. To figure those out you could use a command like like find(1).

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
I tried the above method, but it still scans the sound file from NITDroid games file.

Nevertheless thanks!

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shoreham
Download tracker-cfg from the repo's