Notices

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by ddiscodave View Post
2 cannot minimize screen (i have to hit the power button to switch to phone - seriously fkn annoying) app appears in full screen
For me, I like fullscreen & don't mind hitting ctrl-backspace to switch applications. But you should check out this post to disable fullscreen.

The Following User Says Thank You to spanner For This Useful Post:
I took a trip over the weekend and decided to test the latest Sygic MM10 build vs. a $99 Garmin unit. Garmin wins by a landslide due to many issues seen with MM10.

1. Once a route was set, Sygic crashed every 1.5 -2 hours on the 9 hour drive. No reasoning found.

2. Very poor routings. MM10 seems to have a huge preference for interstate highways, even when they are not the fastest route. It continually suggested a route which would have added 3 hours and 200+ miles to my trip.

3. Search function is heavily limited because of reliance on counties. You must select a city in a specific county - but what about cities which are in multiple counties? Houston, TX is in four counties - if you don't know the county of your destination, you are out of luck. Previously reported as SW bug, but still latent.

4. Performance issues - stuttering voice and load so high that incoming phone calls could not be accepted

I'm almost at the point to go back to Ovi Maps; despite no turn-by-turn, it doesn't crash for me and the routings are not garbage.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Has anyone noticed the ETA time is not as accurate as it used to be. In the previous versions I used to find it quite accurate on journeys but now I am noticing that it is way out.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

it's frezzez to me
and it's looks cool the new vertion

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
Has anyone noticed the ETA time is not as accurate as it used to be. In the previous versions I used to find it quite accurate on journeys but now I am noticing that it is way out.
Yes I noticed this too.

I just got back from a 700 mi journey (both ways) and the ETA was consistant... but consistently wrong.

Sygic also stopped responding @ approximately 5 hours into the trip. I use the camera button to minimize the thing and when I did this time a notification popped up stating I didn't have enough memory to open the camera app!

The only other app running was Instinctiv as a music player.

To eliminate Instinctive as a culprit, on the way home I used the N900's media player for music instead. At about 5 hours the same thing happened.

Sygic has a memory problem and it hogs resources and doesn't give them back. Earlier in this thread someone confirmed that the text input box in other programs doesn't work as expected while Sygic is running. The same thing happens with the volume slider.

If you have the option to use the volume rocker for "zoom" enabled in the browser, it will not work with Sygic running in the background. It instead reverts to a volume control while using the browser regardless of the settings used.

I have attached a couple of images where I was sitting at a ferry terminal and Sygic would not recognize it and continued to route me on dry land.

The only way I could get the ferry recognized was to select "alternate route" but even then it would only suggest the ferry if I selected "avoid traffic delays"
Attached Images

SLN member # 009

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was using it yesterday myself and i was so frustrated overall with the not only my n900 but this SHITgic as well......

1 - the phone (while using sygic) was so hot that I think the extreme heat began to make the phone misfire and eventually lock up.
2 - I was in a real pinch having gotten lost and I needed the program to perform well under fire and OF COURSE it DID NOT (sygic are you reading this???????????) it took over 10 minutes for me to lock in on a satellite and then the keyboard stopped working.
3 - once i got the signal and plugged in the destination, sygic would randomly attempt to redirect me or tell me to make a u-turn (i believe this had something to do with the heat.... btw, ended up being forced to rig up the phone to my a/c to keep it cool)

this is UNACCEPTABLE and as much as i love my n900, it's nonsense like this that really makes me want to just get rid of this thing. i know lots of people with other devices who NEVER have issues with them. N E V E R !!!!!!!! they open apps that work, their phones dont burn them, they can simply rely on these devices. for a $500 device with a $65 map program in it, i am so disgusted with it all. thank you for reading. share your issues if yours are similar to mine.

Last edited by ddiscodave; 2010-09-26 at 02:19.

I upgraded to MM10 and suddenly 3 of my favorites are not precise anymore. With MM9 my home location was accurate. With MM10 I am at home but the sygic shows another 40 meter. As far as I can tell my house did not move in last 24 hours.

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
For all you people who are suffering crashes with MM10;
try disabling audio from sygic and also change backlight behaviour to system default from sygic's advanced settings.

Those worked for me.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
For all you people who are suffering crashes with MM10;
try disabling audio from sygic and also change backlight behaviour to system default from sygic's advanced settings.

Those worked for me.
disabling audio??? you mean killing the turn by turn????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
I have tried the MM10 during this weekend and the program stopped working four times. I had to close the program through the option close the current program and after that I had to restart the phone to get MM10 to start working again. Three of the four times I had Titanīs OC with ULV and 250 900 loaded. The fourth time it seemed that I lost the gps signal and the MM10 totally frooze. To me it felt like MM10 worked better without Titanīs OC kernel loaded. I felt that there was some problem with the online services soo I put the them offline and the program felt more stabile. Because of no solid evidence all the problems and solutions are more of a feeling then real cause and effect.

I had no problem with the estimateted time of arrival, it changed during my trip after a long stop or after I drove too fast for a time. It was two minutes of and for me thatīs ok for a estimateted time. I used the fastest route option and that worked ok.