The Pre is polling far more votes in this battle than it's previous bouts, which is suspicious. For what it's worth, I think they are logging IP addresses from the votes to stop multiple voting.

Of course, you could still vote twice if you were sneaky by voting once over home/work wlan/network/whatever and again over 3G on your N900.

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
You're making too much a fuss about this.

In my opinion it is a stupid poll that is not worth fussing about. Winning or losing shouldn't make a difference.

First of all, the website isn't that professional. Just look at the N900's spec page. I can see many inconsistencies: http://www.fonearena.com/nokia-n900_897.html

Second of all, the poll doesn't say what it's based on. Popularity? Usability? Specs? It should at least display the specifications on the phones in question. And not to mention the fact that popular phones like the iPhones and Droid were eliminated very soon and sometimes by inferior phones..which raises some questions.

And thirdly the fact that you can vote multiple times..no IP logging? Simple javascript could do this.

And when does the poll actually end..does any one know?

For the record I voted and I even left a comment replying to Angad and his theory about precision..but I am not at all fussed about winning or losing.

Last edited by pantera1989; 2010-09-21 at 21:25.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pantera1989 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade, Serbia
Voted!

N900 FTW!!!

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
guys they are starting to catch up, what should we do ?

Originally Posted by pantera1989 View Post
You're making too much a fuss about this.

In my opinion it is a stupid poll that is not worth fussing about. Winning or losing shouldn't make a difference.

First of all, the website isn't that professional. Just look at the N900's spec page. I can see many inconsistencies: http://www.fonearena.com/nokia-n900_897.html

Second of all, the poll doesn't say what it's based on. Popularity? Usability? Specs? It should at least display the specifications on the phones in question. And not to mention the fact that popular phones like the iPhones and Droid were eliminated very soon and sometimes by inferior phones..which raises some questions.

And thirdly the fact that you can vote multiple times..no IP logging? Simple javascript could do this.

And when does the poll actually end..does any one know?

For the record I voted and I even left a comment replying to Angad and his theory about precision..but I am not at all fussed about winning or losing.
Well the poll is fun non the less. I bet even against the Galaxy the Pre would score high :P

Angad is quite an informed dude, I especially love the use of the words "outdated" and "fanboy"

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
there is ip logging. you can vote again but it will tell you "we've already counted your vote". Of course if you have an n900 with 3g, you can just disconnect, clear cookies/cache reconnect and viola you have a new ip to vote with. Just sayin'
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
guys they r coming close ..... do somethng i dun wanna c N900 out frm comp.n andriod guys laughin at us n sayin c as nokia ditchd u so did we also crushed the dream of becomin King

I think the pre will win as more of the US gets to vote.

The N900 is definitely better though.

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
so do i think dat now

Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Voted for N900

Poll votes at the moment:
Palm Pre 48.27% (1,508 votes)
Nokia N900 51.73% (1,616 votes)
Total Votes: 3,124